two

"𝙊𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙢𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙄 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪. 𝘽𝙪𝙩 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙩𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙚𝙮𝙚𝙨, 𝙖𝙨 [𝙝𝙚] 𝙬𝙖𝙡𝙠𝙨 𝙗𝙮. 𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙖 𝙨𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙚𝙮𝙚𝙨. 𝘽𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙖 𝙗𝙡𝙪𝙚 𝙨𝙠𝙮. [𝙃𝙚'𝙨] 𝙜𝙤𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙢𝙚𝙨𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙯𝙚𝙙. 𝙒𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙚 𝙄 𝙙𝙞𝙚."

2010

"And avocados. Don't get me started on them. My mum picked some up yesterday, and I was so tempted to toss 'em in the bin."

Harry's eyes softened as he watched Louis ramble. Even though he never properly understood what he was saying, Harry admired the way his hands would flail around. Seeing such a tiny individual with a significant amount of energy was entertaining to him. And more often than not, Louis would rant about the stupidity of avocados and how he deserved to rule the world.

The two topics amused Harry as Louis' words became more and more indistinct as he went on. That's why Harry liked him. He liked Louis' randomness and spontaneity. It's what made him perfect.

"Oh, and you bet I told him to get away from me. He touched my shoulder, Harry. My shoulder. People can't just go around touching me like that, no sir. If he did it again I would-"

"You would what?"

Harry looked beside him to find Louis with his eyes fixated on someone behind them. He squinted to see the person through the snow and frowned when they stepped closer.

Stephen Stephen Stephen.

With his impeccable style and mellow voice, he seized the attention of everybody around him. Including Louis. Harry was aware that Louis liked the boy, no matter how hard he attempted to hide it. He often watched Louis' blue eyes follow Stephen around. As blue followed Stephen, green followed Louis.

Harry was never the jealous type. He just didn't like it when someone else held Louis' attention. Or flirted with him. He also didn't like the way Stephen made Louis weak at the knees, and he couldn't do the same. No, he wasn't jealous.

"Yeah, he genuinely looks really great, Lou."

Maybe he was jealous. He had to take on the role of Louis' best friend and listen as he went on about Stephens's new ear piercing. Harry thought ear piercings were stupid. Particularly the ones at the top. But he smiled and nodded when Louis stated how cool it looked.

"Hey, I'm going to go now."

"Wait, what?"

Harry shot out of his seat, but Louis was already making his way through the snow, headed over to the one person Harry yearned to be.