seven

"𝘽𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣, 𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙖 𝙬𝙞𝙨𝙝 [𝙝𝙚] 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙙, 𝙖𝙨 [𝙝𝙚] 𝙬𝙖𝙡𝙠𝙨 𝙗𝙮. 𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙖 𝙨𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙚𝙮𝙚𝙨. 𝘽𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙖 𝙗𝙡𝙪𝙚 𝙨𝙠𝙮. [𝙃𝙚'𝙨] 𝙜𝙤𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙢𝙚𝙨𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙯𝙚𝙙. 𝙒𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙚 𝙄 𝙙𝙞𝙚."

2011

"Niall, what do you know about murder?"

"Make sure the weapon is disposable. Don't leave any traces of DNA behind. That way they can't track you. Oh, and make sure you have a good alibi and someone to blame."

"Right, thanks. So right now, we're discussing the English homework."

"Is that your alibi?" Niall asked as Harry shut his locker.

"Yes. And you're my witness. You can prove it."

Niall nodded and pushed the rest of his books in his bag. Harry watched on with distaste as papers crumpled under the new weight.

"Who are you murdering again?"

Harry widened his eyes as the people around them took cautious steps away. He frantically gestured his hands towards the two people standing across the hall.

"Yes, I see. And why are you murdering Stephen again?"

"Shh, don't be so loud."

Niall laughed and pulled a miniature golf club out of his bag, further damaging the contents inside. Harry dropped his mouth open as Niall forced it into his hands.

"Why do you have this?" Harry whispered to the blond boy.

Amused by Harry's reaction, Niall took the item back and shoved it into his bag. From across the hall, Harry could see Louis playing with Stephen's fingers. Niall snickered at the disgust on Harry's face.

"Hey, pass that back to me," Harry started, his eyes still focused on the pair, "I think I'll be needing it."

The two boys collected themselves, more Harry than Niall, and began the walk to their first class. Harry made a noble attempt to look directly at Louis as he walked by. Louis didn't look back and instead smiled at his boyfriend.

"Since you asked so politely. I have the golf club so I can play golf."

"But it's like 15 centimetres tall-"

"Okay, and?"

Harry shook his head and sighed in relief as they sat down. The first bell went off, and Harry watched as Niall pulled out his English homework.

"Niall, that looks like a disaster."

"Just because your essay doesn't have a million creases," Niall began as he attempted to straighten it out, "Doesn't mean it's perfect."

"Why are we friends?"

Niall turned to Harry with a wide grin on his face, "Because I actually care. Now pass me those gummy bears. I can see them in your bag."

Harry frowned as he passed Niall the candy. He wasn't wrong, and Harry knew it.