Suicide... I Think Not!

Chapter 2

Amber’s POV

All I remember is waking up in his arms, lying on a bridge. I watched him sleep, he was like a possum in the spring; so gentle and caring and not one noise came from him. As I did not remember anything from the night before, that makes things awkward. I saw his amazing blue eyes open to see me.

“Whoa…” he said a bit shocked.

“Did we… you know… hmmm?” I asked not remembering a thing; from me telling him about my mother and then on.

“I don’t think so…”

“Good.” I got up off him and walked away leaving him breathless on the bridge.

“Come on you lot!” I heard from the familiar voice of Gimli. “We got travelling to do.” I stood at the gate waiting for my horse, River, to arrive from the stable he was looked after in. Legolas came and stood next to me and said nothing about last night, in fact he said nothing at all.

“Are we all right?” I asked him and he simply nodded his head and looked away. I thought he felt something for me but now I feel those are just my feelings and I can’t let him get in the way of my work so I decided to keep my distance by walking away on my horse to go ride by Aragon. I saw Legolas talking to Lance before giving him a ‘bro hug’ and then mounting his horse. He trotted over to me before stretching his hand out for me to grab. I hesitated but then grabbed hold of it and held it high up in the air, as we rode side by side. I feel happy now that we were on talking terms. On our way to Mordor we sheared stories and jokes and while laughing at Legolas and Gimli and their funny arguments.

“So are you alright? You know when you brought up you’re mum last night?” Legolas asked when we had stopped for a rest.

“Yeah I guess… why? I mean why do you care?” I replied.

“I thought I could care?” he stated sounding a bit hurt.

“Sorry mate but this is where you will have to leave us, the road from here on is only made for us.” I heard Aragorn say to his horse so I followed suit like everyone else. I let River go and only one tear was let out from my eyes, he has been my friend since I could remember and he was a terrible listener but really good at keeping secrets. And when Legolas asked if I was crying I simply replied with… “Of course not I just listened to a really sad song before.” Of course that was not true as there was not music out here anywhere. We watched our horses leave and head for the mountains back the way we came but our silence was interrupted by Boromir.

“We should camp here for the night as it is getting dark and we all must be tired.”

“But it is still light out here?” questioned Aragorn.

“Right you are… anyone up for a practise?” Boromir said heading over to the large rocks where our camp will be. Legolas and I chose a nice sitting place and we sat there listening to the laughter of Merry and Pippin.

“So are you going to tell me about your mum or do I have to tickle it out of you?” Legolas asked.

“I am not even tick….Ahhh” I was interrupted when Legolas started tickling me.

“Okay, okay!” I screamed.

“Hahahaha!” he laughed as I gave him a threatening look.

“Hide!” was the last word I heard till I was knocked out completely.

____________________________________________________________________________

When I woke up I saw Aragorn standing above me with a concerned look on his face.

“She is alright.” He said with a sigh of relief and turned around to face the others, all but Legolas.

“Where is he!” I asked urgently.

“Out the back on the porch thinking but…” I was off before Boromir could finish or anyone could get me. I ran through the back door and saw him facing a tree with something sharp in his hand that he was holding up to his throat. I soon realised it was a dagger.

“No!” I screamed and ran as fast as I could up to Legolas pushing away the dagger and then hugging him tightly. He breathed a sigh of relief and hugged me back.

“Why would you do that? You’re so stupid!” I breathed.

“I felt guilty, like it was my entire fault that you were knocked out. I pulled you out of the way because we were being spied on and I smashed you into a rock. I didn’t even know if you were knocked out or dead and I couldn’t bear it.” He sobbed but he then stood tall, wiped his eyes and pretended like nothing had happened.

“Where are we?”

“We are in the forest of Lady of Lórien, forest of Lothlórien. She is the queen elf of this forest. Beautiful huh?” he replied.

“Yeah” and then we both stood there staring at the forest. When we walked into the place I woke up we were greeted by everyone.

“We were all watching ya.” stated Gimli. I blushed a bright red. “I know you like him, and I know he likes you.”

“Don’t be silly Gimli, we’re just friends.”

“That’s not what he wants.” Gimli winked at me and walked back to the table of food. As I sat down I noticed that Frodo had deep cuts in the back of his neck where the ring has been sitting on a chain.

“You ought to let someone else carry the burden Frodo.” Said Boromir but Frodo just gave him a deadly look. I decided that I was best to keep my distance from the ring over the last few weeks. Legolas and I were talking more about what to do with Gimli when he falls asleep like putting a dead fly in his mouth or flipping his sleeping bag when he is in it. All these ideas brought laughs to our sides.

It had been a few weeks since we left the Lothlórien forest. And we were being tracked by many Orcs; the saddest moment was when we lost Boromir which was just yesterday.