h

i still remember-

"[Y/N], i love you so much. you're the best."

you smiled. "i love you too." your heart skipped a beat when he grinned ear to ear while drinking his favorite flavor of milk.

he chuckled and turned his back to you, still walking. "why wouldn't you? we're best friends, after all. who wouldn't love this awesome blueberry?"

a shadow cast over your head as traces left the ghost of your smile. only if you knew.

third of december

you shivered. it was getting cold and the jacket you wore didn't do much justice.

kageyama hit your head. "boke," he said, removing his sweater and gave it to you. "there. are you still cold?"

he swore his world became brighter when you smiled, as roses bled a nice shade of red through your cheeks. "thank you, tobio. i feel much better now."

me in your sweater-

he couldn't deny that you were so cute, wearing his sweater in this cold weather.

your face became red as he took your hand, feeling the warmth of his contact.

you said it looked better on me, than it did you

as they came closer to your house, you stopped to turn to him, ready to take off his sweater to give it back, but he didn't accept it.

"keep it, it looks better with you wearing it than me." your eyes stared at his glossy gray ones for a moment.

"thank you," you replied. "but this is your sweater- i can't just take it from you, tobio."

only if you knew-

he shook his head. "[Y/N], you dumbass." then you gave him a glare and pouted.

he chuckled at this, took off your beanie covered with snowflakes, and ruffled your hair. "giving you my sweater is just one of the things a good best friend would do. besides, i was supposed to give you my favorite one- y'know, with the milk and stuff."

you just smiled at him, waving goodbye as you stepped in your house. but as soon as you got in, your eyes teared up, holding his sweater where your heart was placed.

best friends, huh. why couldn't it be more than that? you thought. life isn't fair, is it?

how much i liked you.