a

why would you ever kiss me?

there was a party held at one of the members of the volleyball boys' club team, in celebration of their victory over one of the powerhouse schools. you came with hinata, as kageyama was nowhere to be seen. he's probably with her, as usual.

it's as if you just didn't exist to him when she came into his life.

i'm not even half as pretty

you were sitting in the stool in a corner with one of karasuno's middle blockers, tsukishima. it was just silence between the two of you but it wasn't awkward. in fact it was comfortable, which was mostly a first.

kageyama's date went to talk to her friend so he was left all alone, until he spotted you, and then waved. he went over to talk to you but then he saw the person he came with together with a boy, probably from the basketball team, and it looked liked they were flirting, so he went to pick up the pace toward you.

"hey tob-" he cut you off by kissing you.

you were startled but you kissed back. you felt butterflies erupting from your stomach, you never wanted the moment to end.

when he was certain she was looking at you he broke the kiss, unaware of the tomato-red color look on your face. "oh, [Y/N]. i didn't realize it was you. i'm so sorry, forget about the kiss."

"kageyama did you know that that was my firs-" he cut you off again. "yeah, yeah, got to go, [Y/N]! let's talk later, okay?" then rushed off to wherever his date went.

you lowered your head and you couldn't stop your tears from falling- and so you rushed out of the house, bumping into tsukishima on the way, with a sad look on his usually resting bitch face.

you gave her your sweater

tears spilt over and flowed down your face like a river escaping a dam. it was a good thing that none of your parents came home at that night. he knew, he knows that you haven't even gotten your first kiss yet, but he still kissed you to spite his date.

and so you cried your heart out, you cried because of her, you cried because of him.

but you were glad that tobio took your first kiss. but your heart hurts, partly because you're aware of your feelings towards him, and partly because he'll only see you as a friend and nothing more.

and partly because you lost him before he was even yours.

it's just polyester

you hated how she didn't do anything to him, but she still has him wrapped around her finger, even if he realizes it or not.

but you like her better,

but even though you know your love and admiration towards him will always be unrequited, you know that you hold a special place in his heart. even if that place is just as a best friend.

i wish i were heather.