Chapter 4

Alice and Hatter was back at the house. Do I really look like a clown? The Hatter thought. "What's wrong?" Alice asked him with worry on her face. "Am I really a clown?" He asked sadly. "No. Hamish was just being a big meanie. Don't listen to him." Alice said reassuringly. He smiled.

She put her hand to his face. "Just be you." She smiled. "If you want to change into night clothes some of my dads old ones in his den." Alice said removing her hand from his face. He nodded.

Alice went into her room while Hatter walked off to the den. He ruffled through the closet and saw a suit. "Maybe if I tried this on, I wouldn't look so much like a clown." Hatter said. He changed from his clothes to the suit. He was looking in the mirror. Alice looked at him and smiled. "Hatter. Wow. Don't you look handsome." Alice said. "Do I look less like a clown?" Hatter asked. "You never did before." Alice said walking up to him.

"Okay. You're right." Hatter said smiling. Alice kissed his nose. She walked to a dresser and got night clothes for him. "Here." She said handing him the clothes. "Thank you dear." He said grabbing them. He set them down and wrapped his arms around Alice. "I love you." He said and gently kissed her.

"Get changed Hatter." She smiled and left. He had changed. He went to Alices room. She was drawing. He sat on her bed and rested his head on her shoulder. "I'm glad you came Hatter." She said. He wrapped his arms around her and sighed. "I wish I could stay here forever..." He said. "I may have to go back to Wonderland and ask the queen." He said.

"My world is different from yours though. And you've lived in Wonderland forever. I don't want you to be ripped away from your home. What if you are unable to go back?" Alice said. He looked down at her and kissed the top of her head lightly. "You were always my home my dear Alice." He said smiling.

She smiled back and yawned. She had fallen asleep in his arms. He quietly slipped away. He changed into his regular outfit. He grabbed a sticky note and a pen. He wrote he beloved a note. And went back to Wonderland.

Everyone said hello and hugged him. He went to the white queen. "Hatter hello. Come back so soon?" She said. "I um... Wanted to ask you a question." He said nervously. "Yes?" The queen asked curiously. "I was wondering if I could stay with Alice... Forever." He said smiling. "Forever? Why? I thought you were just there to visit." She said shocked. "You see... I'm in love with Alice. And she seems terribly lonely." He said.

She nodded and grabbed a big book. She skimmed through it. "Well. You can. But in order to do that, you'd have to become human first." She said. "How?" He asked. "You must... get married to Alice. In three days." She said with a serious and saddened face. "Than I will do so. I must." Hatter demanded. "It's not all that easy..." She said. "It must be." He said. His heart throbbed. "Weddings take planning to do. I'm sorry Hatter." She said.

She walked up to him. "I know it's hard." She nervously smiled. "Believe me. I want to see you two happy. But that's the rules." She said. Hatters heart sank.