Chapter 7

Hatter woke up earlier than Alice. He got up.  He decided to go back to the church. He wrote Alice a note so she wouldn't get upset or worried. He went to her carriage and went to the church.

When he entered he saw Father Devin. "Oh hello. You are Alice's fiancé if I am not wrong." Father Devin said. "Sir. Please. You have to marry us. I'm... Not from around here. I really don't want to leave Alice and I only have today and tomorrow." Hatter said. Father Devin walked up to him. "I love Alice like a daughter. I'm the closest thing she has to family and I'd do anything for her. But her mother, was a proper woman. And I'm sorry sir, but I know she wouldn't approve of you. Do not get me wrong, sir. You do seem polite and good for Alice, but I'm just doing what her mother would have done." Father Devin said.

Hatter usually isn't the one to give up. But, he had to. There was nothing he could do. He got back to the house. Alice was still asleep. He cried. He was scared. Mixed emotions he didn't know about ran through him. He sighed. "My dear Alice. I'm sorry." He whispered.

It was 4:30 in the afternoon. And Alice hasn't got out of bed. Hatter walker in her room. "It is hard. I know." Hatter said. Alice sat up. "You need to eat." Hatter said. She got up and walked passed Hatter. She drank a glass of water. Hatter put his hand on her back. "That is not exactly what I meant..." He said. He looked at his hand it slowly started to fade. "No! I still have another day!" He gasped. Alice turned around. Her eyes widened. "No! You can't leave me now!" She said looking at him.

"She said you had three days." Alice said. The fading stopped at his wrist. "I maybe gone by tomorrow." He said. She paced back and forth. He kept looking at the empty area where his hand was.

Night came faster than the night before. "What can we do?" She said. "I don't know." He said. Alice laid on her bed and screamed in her pillow.