Chapter 8

Alice had woken up and saw Hatter sitting in a chair. He seems tired and more of his arm disappeared. "Oh Hatter." Alice said. "I'm fine." He says yawning. In a few minutes his whole arm had faded away. Alice tries not to cry but does anyways. "Please don't cry my love." Hatter said.

"You're fading away Hatter. How could I not cry?" Alice said with her blonde, tangled hair falling in her face. "You used to fight for what you want." Hatter said as he slowly fades more. Alice hugs Hatter. He fades more and more.

Hatter is translucent now. "I'm going to miss you." Alice cries. She kisses Hatter than he disappears completely. She stares at the empty space where her beloved Hatter was. She sighs and sits down. She looks at the ring on her finger and it disappears too. "No!" She yells. That was the only thing that could help her remember Hatter.

She grabs her drawing pad and rips out her favorite drawing of the Hatter. She frames it and sets it on the wall across from her bed. Even though he was gone for five minutes, she felt lonely and scared. She had no friends, no family, and now no husband. She just wanted to be happy. She wanted to have some friends and a family. And soon a husband. But that would never happen.

She walked around the town. Going to the places her and her love have went. The forest, the church, a little restaurant. So many places brought her good memories. Maybe the places will help me remember. She smiled at that thought.