Chapter 2 - All the Teas in the world

I woke up the the sunlight in my face shining from the window. 'Ahhh, smells good.' I told myself. I left my room and when i went down the hall I ran into Michelle.

"Oh good! You're awake! Here let me show you the bathroom!" She told me. We went into the bathroom not to far from my room.

"Here is an extra toothbrush, toothpaste, a towel, new clothes, shoes, and a brush." "Come down when you're ready!" She explained to me as she left to go down stairs. I brushed my teeth, brushed my hair, and put on my new clothes. It was a white dress that went down to my knees and a cute blue apron that stopped an inch away from the bottom of the dress. I looked, cute!

I went into my room and put all my stuff on the bed then I headed downstairs and found Michelle preparing breakfast and tea. It smelled really nice.

"Good Morning." I told her as I entered the room.

"Good morning to you too." She replied putting food on the table. It was eggs and some rice and tea. Michelle wasn't that rich, but she didn't look that poor either. I decided to ask her a few questions.

"Hey, how old are you Michelle?" I asked

"25, why?" She replied.

"I was just wondering. Oh, and you're married? I saw your ring."

She laughed a little.

"Yes, I'm married. We're actually expecting a child in May."

"Really? Congrats!"

"Thanks, but you won't see him until a week. He went to buy some more tea in America." She replied sitting down at the table with me.

"Oh, is that so? Well, thank you for the food!" I said as I clapped my hands. We ate and 20 minutes later we finished so I did the dishes and Michelle prepared the store and opened it for business.

"(F/N), come over here so I can teach you the basics." Michelle told me as she stood bye the counter.

"Sure, thing!" I replied as I wiped my hands on the apron. I went over to Michelle and she gave me a little notebook that explained to you all about the teas and what they had and what they could do.

"Okay, so we put our teas in order from A to Z. So on this side of the wall we have 'Anhui tea'. And so on. The labels can help you." She explained to me. The tea were stored in little containers against the wall.

"Okay let me give you an example and you find it okay?" She asked. I nodded.

"How bout... Oolong tea!" She told me. I went to the 'O' section and searched for oolong, I found it.

"Here!" I said as I pointed to the container.

"Great, that is the 1st basic. Okay, now is to make the tea!" She told me as she gestured me to the counter.

"First, if they want a regular you put two scoops into this little strainer. Then, you add water and wait a couple minutes then you may pour it into a glass cup. If they want to take it out put it in this cup." She told me. It was a lot to take in but i managed to do it.

"So weak is one scoop, and strong is 3 scoops?" I asked.

"Exactly. See? You got the hang of it already!" She said happily.

"What if they want to buy the tea?" I asked.

"Okay, then you ask what size. This Is small, medium and this is large. Oh this one is always for our special customer." She said as she showed me the bags.

"Who is you special?" I asked.

"His name is Sebastian Michaelis. He always buys 'Earl Gray Tea' for his master. He comes in weekly." She explained to me.

"Oh, thats nice." I replied. After that Michelle told me how much each bag was and how much they all costs.

"Well, you could watch me for the day and I can let you try tomorrow? Is that okay?" She asked me.

"Absolutely." I answered.