Chapter 2

"Marry me."

At this point in your life, you just wished to the gods to take you away, if that means you can escape from further embarrassment. You pledged to yourself not to become like those female protagonists in shoujo mangas because although some of them are admirable and cute, they're literally the embodiment of second-hand embarrassment. But here you are, doing absolutely the same because of a guy that you only met.

You're not the type to say things like that easily, given your timid and overly-anxious self. In the sixteen years that you've been on this world, you managed to dodge people and events that can ruin your nonexistent confidence, and it surprisingly worked. Never in your wildest dreams that you pictured yourself doing this exact same thing and being the exact same person that you've always hated. Now, this man made you do it---with his gorgeous face that resemble the gods.

You hunched yourself in an attempt to hide your reddened face from him, deciding to stare at your feet tapping against the steel flooring with light and barely audible sound. You can feel your palms sweating and your mind going in circles, now paying close attention on barely noticeable details you overlooked previously. Your shabby outdoor shoes seem more interesting than ever, adorned with monochromatic and minimalist patterns. The floor should've looked squeaky clean right now if not for the dusty footprints left by the passengers aboard. And oh, you think you need to iron the tiny folds in your clothes that no one would've noticed aside from the tensed version of yourself.

It was a really futile attempt to disregard him and his pressuring glances because it's really making you feel uncomfortable; so you glanced in front again and saw him looking directly at you with so much boredom and indifference that you want to cry.

"That's kinda offending, sir."

After the short moment that your eyes met, he immediately looked away and busied himself by looking at the other passengers. 

You're a little thankful that you at least have your phone right now to distract yourself. It was always your excuse when you're in public and social anxiety kicks in, pretending to type a message when the truth is you're just punching random buttons to appear somewhat busy. It works all the time since no one unfamiliar talks to you.

The train ride seems painfully long. You're basically sweating buckets because 1. You're in public. It isn't really a nice feeling when your brain practically tells you that people can see every little flaw you have and you're being the laughing stock of people around you AND 2. The good-looking stranger is in front of you and he might think that you're mental because of your choice of words and your strange actions. 

Thankfully, after what seems like forever, you reached your stop. One can sense the relieved aura you emitted as you feel your lips tug into a small smile. The second the train door opened, you rushed outside without glancing back. Thankfully, not stumbling in the process.

A relieved sigh escaped your lips as you just felt how tired you are after a long day at school. It's already dark outside when you finished your cleaning duty and club activities so you rushed outside to buy whatever Miyu told you to. You'd like to complain but you'd rather not voice it out since she's the one who cooks and if you don't obey her, you'll starve to death.

The silence is comforting along with the occasional noises from nearby establishments and the light tapping of your shoes against the concrete. The full moon is completely illuminated adorned with the scintillating stars blanketing the night sky. You can feel the soft breeze blowing against your face---your hair dancing along with it.

You looked back to when you saw the man in the train. You can't exactly describe him. Yes, he's handsome but at the same time he's pretty. Even prettier than you. The way his smooth, messy black hair adorned his face puts your (h/t) (h/c) to complete shame. His squinty, gunmetal blue eyes complemented by his slightly thick brows looks perpetually bored. And he's way taller than you, standing around 5'10 or 5'11.

You snapped back to reality when you heard a familiar message notification. It was from Miyu again, not that you're expecting someone else when you don't even have other friends. You remembered her texts earlier. You completely forgot about that since you're busy "trying" to avoid the guy in the train. Looking back at her texts, you thought how dumb it was to die in that sort of way. She didn't get to be with her crush and she died in the process of finally achieving her dreams. 

"I feel bad for her. She ran out of luck this time."

Miyu-chan: I'm out tonight. I'll be mourning with my friend's family. Just reheat the food in the fridge if you're hungry. Also, don't forget the items you need to buy.

You're about to reply when another message came in.

Miyu-chan: And don't even try to cook. You might burn down everything. I'll kill you if you ruin my mangas.

You chuckled at her antics and replied a simple "Shiver me timbers┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌"  to rile her up more. You proceed to buy all the things in the list and took the train back to the dorms.

Since you're too tired and lazy to even reheat the food, you just did your night routine and ate a whole bag of chips and soda by yourself. Yes, you have a very healthy lifestyle.

You plopped on your bed and feel the soft mattress under you. It felt like laying on soft clouds. After a long day, finally, you get to be on the comfort of your own bed. You then went to sleep but not before having a flashback of what happened earlier and mentally slapping yourself for a job well done.