Chapter 7

Maybe it's just a fragment of your colorful imagination. Or some kind of a glitch in your entire system caused by lack of sleep and caffeine overdose. It will not be surprising because lately, you've been pulling all-nighters watching anime and catching up with updated mangas while drinking coffee to help you stay awake.

Your mother hasn't contacted you since last month which wasn't surprising because she seems caught up with her own life to even bother asking if you're doing fine. It's good to know that she's living her life after years of mourning after your father's death; but it left you with a hollow feeling in the pit of your stomach and the feeling of abandonment and loneliness course through your entire being.

"You're an adult now so stop acting like spoiled brat and let her be for a while. Stop being selfish, (Y/n)," you scolded yourself. The only thing you can do now is hope for the best and reassure yourself that your mother also misses you because she said she loves you.

The reoccurring nightmares are long gone and surely will not be missed. After all, it has been a month. Yes, already a month has passed since the nightmares and the little incident with Akaashi. Since then, you can't get his actions and his face off of your mind. With the constant thoughts about him popping out in every corner of your mind, you started to blame Miyu for all the teasing she made you endure that led you to this point. From the start, you're really attracted to him and his nonchalant attitude---the trait you admired the most. But in that one month that you're exposed to all of Miyu's blabbers, you started to think of the possibility of you and Akaashi. Not that it would happen in a million years. You can't even fully admit that you have feelings for him; although little and unwanted, but still feelings.

Somehow, you managed to not bump into him by accident or let him see you doing things you'd rather not mention. Not that you're trying to find him in that one month you're pretty much "free". No, not at all. Why would you exert extra effort in finding him, right? It's just a waste of your precious time. You definitely didn't go to that convenience store again and stayed for about an hour or so to see if he will magically show up again.

In all seriously, you go to the convenience store every other night because of two reasons: ONE. You're stressed and when you mean stressed, as in hair-sticking-in-every-direction-and a-very-high-possibility-of-wrinkles-kind-of-stressed. Walking through the silent streets while snacking and indulging on banana milk is the very definition of pleasure and comfort. Failure in doing so will result to a grumpy mood and a scrunched face with the occasional blame to the government and people in general. TWO, and definitely not because you want to, your slowly budding curiosity(and some feelings) towards the male specimen called Akaashi got the best of you. 

"It's just, he got some kind of magnetic pull where people will be allured by him without actually trying. Maybe that's his unique charm."

You're maybe, just maybe, a teeny tiny bit expecting him to come. That's why when going outside at night, to the same store you last met him, you'll accidentally put a concealer for your eyebags and make your (h/l) hair look presentable. Yes, accidentally.

But of course the universe will not allow you to see him, not without looking like shit and making a laughing stock out of yourself. This time, with a little bit of a "twist".

Standing not far from you, carrying some books, was Akaashi.

"Are you kidding me? This is definitely an illusion. I'm just hallucinating because I only got three hours of sleep last night...right?"

It is absolutely ridiculous how one person can look better than they already was a month ago; but there Akaashi is: wearing a black coat over a beige turtleneck and dark trousers. Although no smile can be seen on your warm face, your eyes lighten up ever so slightly---showing nothing but pure sincerity and admiration. He looks good. You slightly envy him for pulling off literally any look while looking better and better with each one.