Normal lives and a lot of ' I am fine's '

This place definitely needs a full blown  cleaning. 
Oh my ... The windows ..
C'Mon......

I groaned looking at the dirt on the windows , the cleaning would probably take more than a day. The house was a two bedroom one and a kitchen  with a dining room adjacent. Even though this house was way bigger than the apartment I and Chloe rented in New York ,  Living in the Buttons mansion had made me feel as if any house was crumbled.

Chloe ...
Oh my .. I never got to speak to her after coming to London .
Aaron was extra careful with that and made sure I never contacted anyone from college.
That is one of the reasons why I didn't even want to stay in the same country as him . I moved to America.
She must be worried sick about me . I should call her , probably tell her my sick life and how I managed to escape , mostly .

I shifted my luggages to one of the bedrooms . I dusted the room and put on the sheets . Cleaning and dusting took me an entire hour , and the hall and bedroom were mostly done . I adjusted all the furniture in the hall. I had managed to purchase some of them with the left over money , I had after the house .

I cleared the cartons from the dining room and laid the covers on the table , and then kitchen was also done by another two hours .
I adjusted all the groceries  I bought from the store and made myself dinner.

It was already eight and I settled on the sofa with my dinner. Switching on the television , I started scrolling through the channels . There was nothing much , so I switching it off and tossed the remote aside .

Taking my phone , I decided to call Chloe . I dialled her number , but she didn't pick up . I tried again , but she didn't lift , again . 

  She must have been worried about me , then why isn't she dodging the calls ?

When I left for London , I thought someone must be looking for me , but supposedly there was nothing about me over the news .
I know that my stepfather wouldn't care but ..Chloe ?

My mind was making all sorts of assumptions and I tried to silence it off .      
Maybe Aaron tried to threaten her ..you know .. he isn't exactly a businessman .

Maybe now she is busy or ...
Whatever...

I should go to sleep, my paranoia is getting the best of me. Tomorrow I have to go searching for a job , the money I brought with myself would be enough just for a few weeks or so. Hence tomorrow is a big day.

' Miss Rose Cortese , you have the job . Your shift starts from eight , till six. I hope you can attend from tomorrow . ' 

The lady on the counter spoke .

' Sure mam . I will start from tomorrow. I won't disappoint you . Thank you again .'

I replied and she smiled in return.

I had applied for a job as the accountant at a grocery store , named The Robinsons
I had arranged for a fake ID and passport , through the same dealer from whom I had bought my house .
I couldn't risk using my own name anymore , because if Aaron decides to search for me , it would be easier .

The owner was a sweet old lady , she had asked me a few questions and apparently my answers were to her liking.

After my interview , I walked straight  home .
I couldn't help but think about what Aaron would be doing now . According to the schedule , he must have returned from his trip by now.
Anyhow , the servants must have told him because I knocked one of his bodyguards while escaping.

But it's been only two days , still I would have to keep my eyes and ears open for any danger .

I juggled with my keys to open the door .

Ugh...which one was it ...?

Yep..this one ..

I was about to open the door , when there was a tap on my shoulder . I quickly turned around to see who it was .

My shock was barely scratched the emotions I felt right now .
' Chloe ..!!!'