93 (pt. 1)

- Nervous? -
Jeongguk raised his head and looked at his manager, a confused expression written on his face.
The man smiled knowingly at him - don't act like you're not nervous to meet Taehyung again -

Jeongguk felt himself blush but he tried not to give it away, chuckling - it's not like I'm nervous about meeting him, I'm just... - his voice died in his throat and he coughed, looking outside of the window. They were sitting in the car that picked them up from the train station and were headed to their hotel.

His manager's stare softened and Jeongguk felt him putting his hand on his shoulder - it's ok, Jeongguk, you know the kid likes you back -
Jeongguk looked at him slightly surprised but he was quick to smile gratefully afterwards. He felt lucky his company never had anything against the idea of him dating.

- We are here - the driver announced and Jeongguk noticed that they were entering an underground parking lot. He sighed, happy that the trip was over since he had planned on having dinner with Taehyung.

Again, the idea of seeing the older gave him chills. They saw each other less than two weeks before but Kim Taehyung is not the kind of person you get used to seeing. Jeongguk blushed at his own thoughts and got off the car, sure that he wasn't going to survive to his manager teasing him again.

Less than twenty minutes later, he was lying on the huge bed, eyes closed while he tried to find the energy to stand up and take a shower. It was five in the afternoon and his date with Taehyung seemed both too far and too close.

Jeongguk checked his phone, hoping to find something useful to get a bit distracted, but the only notification was a message from Jimin that said "if you don't come back with Taehyung as your boyfriend I'll kick your ass". Jeongguk decided to ignore the threat and just appreciate the encouragement.

He finally stood up to take a shower and get changed, hoping to make the time pass faster.

--

- What should I wear? -

Taehyung was still young, and he remembered quite well his struggles from when he was still in high school. The anxiety of his first dates and his first crushes, those memories weren't that far but he still liked to think that with the time, as he grew older, he got past those kind of problems.

Well, apparently he didn't, if Jimin's laugh was anything to go by.
- You're so embarrassing - his best friend said through the video call and Taehyung whined, violently closing his closet's doors. Hoseok gave him an amused glance from the other side of the screen - c'mon Jimin, don't be too harsh on him, the guy's nervous -

- You were too, on your first date with Yoongi - Taehyung reminded to the blonde - and I helped you choose your outfit, so it's time for you to return the favor -
- Ok, first of all, this isn't your first date with Jeongguk - Jimin reminded him - and all I'm saying is that you could go there wearing a trash bag and the kid wouldn't notice because he's too whipped -

Taehyung felt himself blush but he was quick to cover his cheeks with his hands - I know, but we are having dinner in a fancy restaurant. Sound like a panic-worthy situation to me -
Jimin rolled his eyes but smiled at him soon after - I vote for the silk shirt and the black pants -

- Uhh - Hoseok commented - I like this idea -
Taehyung opened his closet again and stared at his clothes, biting his nails. He knew he didn't have any reason to feel so nervous, as Jimin already said it wasn't their first date, but for some reason he felt like that night was going to be different.

Until then, they ate in small and cute restaurants or hung out to Jeongguk's house, but their plans for that day felt more... mature? Like something a couple would do.
Taehyung made himself shy with his thoughts and quickly took the clothes.

- Ok, I'll trust Jimin - Taehyung announced and Jimin shot him a proud smile - now I have to go and get ready -
His friends bid him goodbye and Taehyung closed the call, staring at the wall for a couple of seconds before he gathered himself and decided to finally get ready.

"It's going to be fine" he thought, flicking the bathroom's lights on "it's just Jeongguk"

---

The date coming soon~