episode 14

Rina tried to talk to me but I told her that I had to clear my mind abit. She said she will explain everything when I'm ready. Its been a week and I'm not ready yet, after what happened with Jisung then seeing Rina and Hyunjin so close made me abit depressed.

However the next day I realised i was abit too harsh and childish with Rina, she did nothing, i remember that it was Hyunjin the one being too close with her whereas Rina looked shocked as if she was seeing a ghost.

I need to apologise to Rina for my behaviour, also because I thought I was gonna stop liking Hyunjin, afterall its his fault that I'm having this scene with Rina,  but he also saved me that night-- arghhh Hyunjin why do I hate you but at the same time my heart explodes when I see you.

So i called Rina and waited nervously for her to answer. But I didnt had to wait too much bcuz she literally picked up in 5secs.

"H-hello...?"

"Omg y/n finally you called!!"

Hearing her voice made me remember how rude I was with her without letting her explain that day and I started sobbing.

"Oh noo Y/n please don't cry, everything is fine dont worry"

"Rina I'm so sorry ,I'm the worst friend ever ,I didnt even let you explain, I'm so sorry" I said while crying.

"Noo don't apologise, its also my fault I should have told you everything, that's what best friends do right? And I failed to do that ,so just wait 10 mins I'll come to your house and I'll tell you the whole story"

"Okay I'll be waiting for you"

I hung up and sighed deeply, I really wonder what happened between them.

Hyunjin P.O.V

Suddenly the door opened and y/n was there. I couldn't really understand her expression she looked both sad and betrayed? She quickly ran out of the door and Rina harshly pushed my hands away from her and she also ran after y/n.

Wait do they know each other? What is going on. Why do i feel like a boyfriend or something who just got caught cheating? Lol, what's going on with girls  now days.

But Rina, why is she here? I didn't tell her that i came to this city in Korea. Why didn't she want to come with me but she's now here. Arghhh I'm so confused. At first I felt joy when I just saw her, but she looked the total opposite, but now that she just ran off... i don't feel sad? Am I really loosing intest in her? But why?

The next day I came back to the shop to eat my breakfast but I got surprised to see Rina there. She also saw me and gestured me to come over to her table.

I sat down opposite her and looked straight in her eyes. I had so many questions but i didn't know where to start.

"Hyunjin i think i wasn't clear enough, but what i want to say is that we're done. Our relationship ended a long time ago, the day i told you I won't come with you"

"But-"

"Wait im not done yet, the thing is..............."

Y/N P.O.V

As soon as Rina came i hugged her so tightly and kept repeating "I'm sorry"

She hugged me back and stroked my hair trying to calm me down.

After abit i calmed down and we went to my room.

Rina P.O.V

Story time:

So it all started when i moved abroad a few years ago. At school there was this mysterious guy, his name was Hyunjin,  he always got into fights and also was really harsh with everyone including girls.

However I'm a really curious person so i wanted to get to know him more, because i thought obviously there  was something going on in his life that its making him act like this .

Unfortunately i wasn't in any of his classes because he was a senior while i just started, however i later on i found out that after school he would always go to the library to study.

This kind of made me even more curious because why would he always come to the library every single day? Why doesn't he study at home?"

So i also started going to the library everyday and tried to get to know him, he was really intimidating and harsh with me at first but over time his aggressiveness slowly faded away and he became softer with me.

We then became close friends ,but one day i couldn't help but to ask him "why are you always so mean? There must be a reason why you're always like this"

He froze on what he was doing and after awhile he said "I'll tell you another day" after that he quickly changed the subject.

However after a few months he asked me to be his girlfriend. At the time i felt really happy and loved but i didn't even pay attention to my feelings. The thing is when we first kissed , it felt weird. It felt wrong. I realised that i only saw him as friend not as a lover, but i didnt know how to tell him, he looked so happy.

And after a few day he got courage to tell me everything. Lets say that his life is messed up, I felt so sorry for him, he had to endure so much pain and torture all these years.

After he graduated he finally solved his case at home and was now finally free from his toture. But as much I was happy for him ,I wasn't happy for myself , I hated the fact that im dating someone that i have no romantic feelings for, i feel like im using him and i really hate that. And the fact that we've been dating for so many years makes it worse.

Suddenly one day , a few months ago, he asked me to go back to Korea with him because he wanted a fresh start. I was shocked at his request and I finally realised that my "girlfriend" act had to end . And I finally decided to tell him "Sorry I can't come with you, we can't stay together anymore,  I'm sorry but you have to go on your one".

I watched as his smile faded away, his eyes full of excitement slowly turned into pain ,confusion and sadness. Seeing him like this made me feel even worse but I knew it was for the better.

And after that I ran away from him and that was the last time I saw him before that day at the coffee shop. I blocked his number and everything. I felt like the worst person ever but I knew it had to be done, I couldn't tell him that I never loved him, it would shatter him more.

When you told me that your neighbour was so aggressive it reminded me of Hyunjin but when you said you saw him with multiple girls I thought it could never be him because he hates girls and having sexual interaction with them without any feelings but i was proven wrong when i saw him outside the window.

Y/N P.O.V

After Rina finished telling everything I was in complete shock.

RINA AND HYUNJIN USED TO DATE????

But Rina never liked him as a lover, so that means she was Hyunjin's first love?

Hyunjin P.O.V

"Wait im not done yet, the thing is... I've never loved you as a lover,  I always saw you as a friend like a big brother..." Rina said while avoiding eye contact.