Fight For You

Lanie gets arrested for a murder she didn't commit. Esposito does whatever it takes to prove her innocence.

Tags: Hurt/comfort, fluff, romance

- - - - - - - - - -

"Lanie Parish is found guilty for the murder of Donna White and sentenced to life in prison"

Lanie's eyes fell shut as she tried to hold back her tears. Her whole world is collapsing and she wasn't sure what to do. But she shook her head, keeping her composure and she turned to look over her shoulder.

Her mom was sobbing into her dad's chest. And he looked defeated. Kate was visibly upset, but didn't really want to show it. Castle looked stunned, gaping at the judge like he'd just grown another head. Ryan and Jenny were also there. Jenny was devastated, wiping her eyes repeatedly as Ryan comforted her, holding her close while he gathered his own thoughts. And then there was him.

Javier..

He was looking right at her. She could see the hurt in his eyes, but she also saw the determination. She wanted to tell him, no. Don't waste his life on her. She wanted to tell him to move on, even if it hurt her. But he just looked more determined.

As she was being escorted out of the courthouse, she caught one last glimpse of him. He had his phone pressed to his ear before walking away.

She wasn't sure if she wanted to know what he's up to.

___________________________________

It had been a week since she was sent to prison. Lanie was miserable. Some of the women there heard that she was 'murderer' and tried to get her to talk about it. When she kept insisting she was innocent, they scowled and had beaten her up pretty badly. Now she mostly just kept to herself.

She was just eating lunch-of whatever it was they kept feeding her-when one of the guards called her, telling her she had a visitor. She furrowed her brows, but followed after the guard anyway. She went through a series of guarded doors before she was led to a room of convicts, talking to their loved ones, with glass panels between them. She almost stopped in her tracks when she noticed who was sitting on the other side of her glass.

Javier smiled to her when he noticed her.

She sat down in the empty seat and picked up the phone "Javi, what are you doing here?" she questioned.

"To see you, of course" he said with a bright smile, but frowned suddenly "Is that a black eye?" he questioned.

Lanie self consciously fixed her hair over her eye.

"What did they do to you?" he questioned.

She shook her head "It doesn't matter. Now answer my question" she said.

"I already answered your question" he said.

"But it wasn't the truth" she argued.

He was quiet for a moment, then sighed "I've been looking into your case" he admitted.

"Javi-"

"I can help" he insisted "There was a witness who saw someone flee the scene before you came. They probably got spooked or pressured and retracted their statement. The only thing they have on you, is the fact that you had history with the vic. And you just so happened to be upset and around the area. It's complete bull and we both know it. But if I can find this witness-"

"Don't do this to yourself, Javier" she interrupted him.

He frowned "What do you mean?" he questioned.