Unexpected

Ryan's mule story. ;D

Tag: Humor

- - - - - - - - - -

Ryan had been filing reports all morning. His hand was starting to cramp up but he kept pushing, not wanting to delay his work any longer. Especially not after the whole bridge hand off fiasco. The captain had been more forgiving and reminded them not to let it happen again. Unfortunately, the sergeant had been a different story. He's been up their asses non stop about losing the kilo of cocaine.

It wasn't his fault the guy had butter fingers.

Just as he closed the last file, his partner, Jake Murphy, approached his desk while holding up a file.

"We got a hot one" he announced, dropping the thin file onto his desk.

Ryan frowned "What is it this time? Marijuana? Roofies?" he guessed.

"Nah, man. Ketamin" Murphy answered almost giddily.

Ryan's eyebrows shot up "I thought sarge wasn't letting us handle the big boy drug cases?" he questioned, maybe mocking the sergeant just a little.

"He isn't. But Logan slipped me a copy of the case file. I figured if we could solve this case before they do..sarge will have to let us back into the big game" he reasoned.

Ryan furrowed his brows, visibly hesitant.

"Come on, Ryan. It'll be worth it. Besides.." Murphy grinned "I already got us a great lead" he bragged.

Ryan finally decided to just go with it and leaned towards Murphy slightly "Well?" he urged.

"So word on the street is this guy's got mules everywhere. But some are being smuggled in tomorrow morning" he stated "So how about a good old fashioned stake out?" he suggested.

Ryan grinned "I'll bring the snacks" he said.

"And I'll bring my appetite" Murphy said making Ryan roll his eyes.

___________________________________

It was early morning. Ryan and Murphy had just arrived at the docks where the informant had told them the drop off will be. Pulling up behind some other car with a clear view of the drop off zone, they settled in their seats and got comfortable.

Ryan pulled at the collar of his shirt, suddenly feeling uneasy.

"Calm down, Ryan. Nothing's even going on yet" Murphy spoke up suddenly.

Ryan turned to him "I just have a bad feeling about this" he admitted.

Murphy waved him off "You're just paranoid the sarge is gonna find out and snitch to the captain. He's not" he said surely "I picked this week for a reason. He's still on that fishing trip, or was it camping?" he shook his head "Doesn't matter. My point is, he's not gonna find out and we're gonna be heroes" he reasoned.

Ryan sighed "I guess" he agree reluctantly, then reached for his coffee cup to take a sip.

But just before he could, Murphy grabbed his arm. It caused some of the contents of the cup to spill on his shirt. He cursed and he picked up some tissue papers and started dabbing on the stain slowly forming on his dress shirt.

Murphy grimaced "Sorry. I was just gonna say I think I saw something. But it was just a guy walking his dog" he apologized.

Ryan sighed, turning to his partner and pointing an accusatory finger to him "You're paying for dry cleaning" he said.

Murphy rolled his eyes "Yeah yeah" he said lazily before picking up the binoculars to observe the place.

Ryan continued to try and clean his shirt. But by now, the coffee had soaked through the fabric and was definitely gonna leave a stain.