I'll be there. CHAPTER 02

"Look me in the eye and tell me thats not the cutest thing you've ever seen."
Sophie shifted deep into her pillow trying to block out the noices. Pillow... PILLOW?!
She scrunched her closed eyes trying to remember... It would have been easier to open her eyes but something told her not to.
Keefe and her...
Keefe... Keefe... KEEFE!
Her eyes snapped opened. And she felt her cheeks go nuclear...
In front of her were literally everyone she knew, 12 councillors, Dex, Biana, Linh and Tam, Fitz, Marella, Maruca, Wylie, Stina, Grady and Edaline, Della and Alden, Forkel and Teirgan, the collective. Everyone.
And all of them had amused expressions on their face. Sophie realized why Marella had said what she said. Her head was on Keefe's shoulder.
Her head was on Keefe's shoulder.
That meant she spent the entire night with him...
She stood up, waking Keefe up in the process.
His eyes took in what was happening and finally rested on her, raised an eyebrow and his eyes widened. He quickly turned away, and Sophie thought she saw a hint of red.
"So..." She turned towards the others, who continued to have amused expressions and raised eyebrows.
And her eyes went to Sandor and gave him a expression that said "WHY DIDNT YOU WAKE ME UP?!"
He shrugged.
"Why didn't you..." Keefe trailed off, Sophie had never seen him this lost for words.
"Hey, I wanted to. Gigantor was the one who told me not to." Ro stared at Sandor who looked uncomfortable.
Everyone's eyes went to Sandor.
"Miss Foster and Mr Sencen had a hard day and I thought it would be best if..."
Why was no one finishing there thoughts?!
Mr Forkle coughed. "Well *insert here some neverseen problem that everyone's freaking out about*  we should go inside." Everyone murmed in agreement, even Sandor and Ro, shuffled inside. In few moments Keefe and Sophie were the only ones left and sadly Sophie's cheeks had developed a  new sort of red to fit the mood.
Keefe cleared his throat. And her mind suddenly snapped towards on how she looked, for no apparent reason,  and her hand instinctively wiped at her mouth worried she may have been drooling.
"You should go inside there probably waiting. I'll join you- them in a mintue." He quickly went inside his room and Sophie felt the need to shrink into a rock. No, she had to go inside.
As soon as entered the room everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at her, the tips of their mouth tugging at a smile which they were trying hard to hide. Sophie went and hid behind Biana. Who was glad to offer her refuge though she suspected that was because she had questions. A lot of them.
She tried to listen, she truly did. (A/N Sophie would never do this in the actual series when actually she would be worrying her head off but as I mentioned before I won't be putting any neverseen stuff in this.)
But her mind kept wondering to why Keefe wasn't there yet, he was probably mad because she drooled on his shirt. Yeah-
"Miss Foster, any ideas?" Mr. Forkle
Sophie didn't even realised she's saying something until a fully formed plan uttered through her mouth. All the others looked amazed and was instantly in, everyone left one by one to prepare and that left Grady and Edaline.
"Would it be okay if-"
"Yes, Sophie. We'll see you at home." And with that Edlaine dragged Grady to the light and held up her crystal and just before they glittered away, Edaline winked at Sophie.
Sophie placed the most wimpest knock on the door. She had bailed at least 10 times but at last she had gathered up all her courage and knocked.
Keefe opened looking good as ever. Wait. What?
Sophie had noticed he had changed, and that made her wanted to run away and change too. He had gained more colour. His eyes didn't seem to meet hers, not that it mattered. Sophie realized she was staring and she quickly broke her gaze.
"If you want me to go..." She dragged the words out of her mouth.
"No, no. Stay, please."he gestured for her to come in.
She was surprised to see that the room was clean, the last time she had been there it was a mess and before, well, she hadn't quite noticed. The drapes were drawn back, letting the ocean air in through windows and making the room brighter. There was no dirty laundry or dishes scattered across the floor. Even though the furniture were still scattered throughout the room at random, it looked a lot better.
"Sophie, I'm sorry. I didn't-"
"Keefe, no. Don't apologise you did absolutely nothing wrong and you are right. I don't understand. But if you will let me, I will try more than anything." She wasn't quite ready to meet his eyes yet so she kept her eyes on her feet and trying not to think about how he had used her first name.
"Well, come on Foster. You and I both you can't stand not to be around me." Sophie instantly looked up, glad more than ever to see his smirk returning and his eyes brightening but there seemed to be a lingering longing behind them.
Sophie laughed, glad they're back to being them. But also a little sad. And she knew why. She did.
"That's true." She smiled at him and he smiled back.
"You should probably get some rest though, before...you know."
"I don't know... I think I slept preeettyyy well yesterday." She glanced at him, who she was glad to see a little bit flustered. Sophie decided to bare him the pain,
"Well, see you later Keefe."
When she felt her hand being grabbed.
"Sophie..." He looked nervous, really nervous.
She noticed that he was squeezing her hand, and she didn't mind. Not at all.
"I don't want you to go."
A silence dragged through them.
"You don't understand. I keep pushing you away, even when you don't know it... When... I need you. Every moment of my life, being away from you... I can't stand it. No. There's always been something about you that made my miserable life seem better. A whole lot better. I need you Sophie."
"I've waited Sophie. And I still can, even if it's thousand lifetimes I'll still wait. For you. Because you are the light of my life and I need you. More than you know. I'll wait Sophie. I've waited and I still am. Because you are once in a lifetime person, a person that's worth waiting for. You. Sophie. You."
She forgot how to breath. And took several minutes for the words to settle in her brain. To take root.
Keefe Sencen...loves...her.
Keefe Sencen loves her.
She felt a smile break through, not a one you get remembering a good memory, not a one you get after a laugh, not a one you feel when you see a person. No. This smile was a smile of acceptance. Of everything wrong thing in her life clicking into place. Of having experience clarity.
Because Keefe Sencen loves her.
And she loved him back.
Sophie had never been good with words or taking lead for that matter but right there at that moment. She felt herself accepting herself. It felt good.
And then Sophie really looked at Keefe, he still didn't meet her eyes, his hair looked awesome as ever, his hand was still entangled with hers, cutting off her blood circulation. She didn't mind,
"Keefe..." She waited until finally he reached his gaze upto hers, and the intensity in them seemed to knock her back a step,
"I'll wait Sophie, I will." He repeated, Sophie had no doubt about it but she didn't want to wait. When all her life she'd been waiting for something better and for acceptance and Keefe he overlooked it all, saw her for all she is. All she ever was. She felt it, and when she realised Keefe did too, she didn't hesitate. She hesitated long enough.
She pulled herself to him, looked him straight in the eye and pushed her lips to his.
She thought she never get her movie star worthy kiss, but at that moment it didn't matter. Nothing did.  She didn't get chessy background music but she got the sound of the crashing waves outside. Her breath mixed with his, the salty sea air whipping at both of their hair and Keefe Sencen in the middle of it all.
Keefe Sencen the smirking, joking, artful, master of gifts, supreme Lord of hair, and Lord legacy, Keefe Sencen.
Her life twisted into place, a perspective and hindsight bringing all her memories of them into view and she understood. No matter what. No matter where. Through fire and ice. Blood and War. Love and hate. She will never leave him. Never leave his side.
Because?
Keefe Sencen of course