PART 01

He felt scared. Not for him, for her. Always for her. When Dex called him to tell that she was going through with it. Keefe wasn't surprised he knew sooner or later she was going to. But it still didn't prepare him for the chill going through his back. But despite it all he HAD to put on a face that made her stronger, always.
He had grown used to it over the years, of putting on a strong face for others and sometimes, sometimes himself. To convince, to etch into his brain that his life was not so bad and that he had amazing wonderful friends who will always pull through but there is one thing that always manages to make him smile, despite the pain. Sophie. He saw through his scars and lo- liked him for what he is.
He stared at the leaping crystal. Had been doing it for a while now. Ro had let him, the princess had her moments where she left Keefe to himself. She grown used to it, the constant pressure he has on himself. That he's not worth it. He never has been and never will be. Of convincing himself that Sophie was happy. Not with him. Her happiness didn't lie with him but one of his closest friends. One that was in every single one of his happy memories. Who had given them to him.
He learn to live with. Eventually. But everytime the saw them together it felt like...someone was repeatedly stabbing his heart, while at the same time whispering in his ear...
"She's better off. Away from who you really are. Away from the scars, away from the mask that now had become a part of him. She's happy and that's all that matters."
He finally took the crystal held it up into the light, to see his friend risk her life. All over again.