cero

"Honestly, I wish you would just stay by my side right now..."

The silence between the two lingered as the distance in their hearts grew by every fraction of a breath that blew down the man's confession, as well.

"...and forever."

The woman only blinked at his words, not planning to say anything back, and anticipating what was going to be said.

"But it's too late for you to change your mind."

Naturally red bow-shaped lips turned into a gentle and sincere smile, as the previously blank, yet soft expression she donned sweetened recognizably. He could tell she was glad that like he always did, he understood her. More importantly so, she knew he remained true to his friends. There was never any doubt in the first place, but to the female being, her affection overflowed like memories right then at the pure evidence of the gorgeous male's honesty. The longer they looked at each other, the sadder it got.

"Even though it's lonely without you, someday, we'll meet again."

Closing his eyes, the pain killing him inside was now visible on his fair face. He hurriedly closed the gap of three steps in the middle of where they initially stood. The battle-stricken shouts coming from the background were getting closer, and he knew the last moment of their goodbye also was. Embracing the lady of his dreams more tightly than he ever did before, tears freely spilled down his sapphire orbs as he subconsciously refused to let her go. The girl's reciprocal touch was faint as a feather's, but to his heavy emotions, it was enough.

"I love you," she finished in his stead before breaking away to carry on with her duty, his much stronger arms permitting her out of his hold and his life once and for all.

He couldn't even bear to watch as her running figure became smaller and smaller. No, he didn't need that image immortalized in his mind for a whole eternity. It certainly didn't help that he couldn't die, either.

The familiar scenery of the floor they used to walk around hand in hand together made him sadder, melancholy slowly taking him over. He never was a sentimental person, neither did he care for most things others did. After all, as was his powers, his self-indulgence itself was legendary. However, it all finally broke him.

"Blake, I never regretted the day I met you!"

Her pale complexion almost akin to the owner of the voice's best friend halted to look back at him one last time; long light golden locks crossing and untangling amidst the wind like the rays on a summer morning being emitted by the hot sun. Beaming, her wide silver almond eyes and classic Greek nose showed in symmetry with her straight jaw and beautifully rational portrait. A mathematically perfect face indeed.

He was almost at a loss for words, but he needed his feelings to be realized then.

"And I love you more!"

To this, the maiden clad in all-white flowy clothing ran back into the Jeonsulsa's temporary warmth in an instant, swinging her arms around his broad shoulders, kissing him on the lips tenderly; him, answering back with all the love she had awoken in his humanity all those years ago. His hands were holding her thin waist as closely as possible. After a good 12 seconds, a smile brighter than all the fine days he's seen altogether was plastered on the look his love focused solely on his tearful gaze.

"Thank you, I'm thankful for everything!"

She turned around again, no more looking back. His towering silhouette also made his way back to his companions, not seeing her off completely.

I'm the one who should be thankful, my dearest.