tres

Assembled diligently at the lecture hall, the six Regulars receiving their first class bore serious expressions contrasting that of the figure who just stepped in. At the center of attention, he stood there at the top of the platform. A body which looked like a big ball of rice, sheep's horns at the side of his head, three dots on each side of what's supposed to be freckles just above the ends of his wide smiling mouth, which frankly resembled a drawing done from a child's crayon, and his legs poking out of him, was the focus of the entire auditorium.

"Sorry I'm late, everyone. Dear Regulars, my name is Yuga, and I will be the instructor for the Wave Controller Position." Not losing his smile, if not stretching it more, the newly-arrived Ranker introduced himself.

The room maintained its silent and strange ambience as the unorthodox teacher started and went on with his academic lecture. Hardly leaving the original space he occupied, the brown-painted podium was situated a few feet to his left, the lengthy whiteboard just behind him, as the Regulars listened on obediently. His voice bounced around the enclosed space, and echoing just a bit for its effect to be noticeable.

"Shinsu is the world itself," Yuga divulged. "Shinsu allows us to live and breathe. It is the basis of all energy. Without shinsu, we cannot do anything. At different times, shinsu can become water, fire, or light. The variations are endless. In other words, it is something that you cannot ascribe any special property to. This miraculous substance is like the power of a God. Thus, controlling shinsu is like stepping into the domain of God. But because it is so amazing, controlling shinsu is also very dangerous. For example, I can kill all the Regulars here in mere five seconds."

His last remark alarmed the half dozen Regulars, catching all their heed instantly, including the sleeping Best Seed of the Phonsekal Family, Laure.

"Scary, huh?" A rhetorical question.

"And because controlling shinsu is so dangerous, to control shinsu without a special item, you will need the permission of the Floor Guardian. In the case of an item, because authorization is granted from the Guardian after forging of the item, it does not matter much, but controlling more than a fixed amount of shinsu is different. It requires the permission of the Guardian. We often call this a 'Contract with the Guardian'. This contract must be made identically for each floor, otherwise a restriction will be applied for when you try to use shinsu."

"Mr. Laure, you have already made a contract with the Guardian of this floor?" He referred to the boy wrapped in his favorite thick blanket.

"...Well, yeah."

"By the looks of your incessant sleeping, you must be the type to read shinsu in your sleep," Yuga added.

"Ah... I just love to sleep. Though there's that, too."

Taking his sights off him specifically, the instructor went back to his point of giving his instructions to the whole class.

"Good. Then with the exception of Mr. Laure, it does not seem that there are any here who have formed a contract or are from a Great Family. So, let us learn how to form a contract with a Guardian," Yuga began to teach the basic. "First... everyone, close your eyes please."

Under their teacher's guidance, the remaining five Regulars all followed.

"Then, please have your pocket in visible mode."

"Pocket, Visible Mode," they chanted to themselves.

Wiing-

"The E-Rank Pocket each of you received upon entering can only form a contract with Guardians up to Floor 40. To make a contract with Guardians of higher floors, you will need a higher-ranking pocket. It's freakin' expensive." The white wool expounded on the standard black orbs his students had between their hands. "Then everyone, give a command to your pocket. Say, 'Contract with Guardian'.