cinco

It was a dark, cold day on the 66th Floor, the sky shaking with lightning.

On the other side of the glass painted a condensing shade of the deepest blue ombre in the transparency of the natural quartz and artifical weather, lightning flashed in the rapidly heating air, creating the loud rumbling noises. The four corners of the furthest right window wall inside the living room of an unlit gothic mansion formed the illusion of an old cinema abandoned until the film reel tears in the rusting projector.

Silver eyes cheated to look colorless amid the brewing depression seeping intrinsically from outside. The woman, whose very self resembled the first snow more than the current thunderstorm, lifted herself off the Baroque furniture she observed from. Picking up a white umbrella from the holder by the side of the massive double doors, she didn't bother to change from her formal baby blue attire and seven-inched stilettos. It was the worse set of clothes to go out with in such bad weather. But, she went out, anyway. When the rain fell, she was always watching.

Opening her only defense from the harsh pouring, her long blonde tresses reaching the above of her thighs from behind swayed as her small frame didn't let up even to the sudden rain.

Peering from the ends of her umbrella, the lower part of the woman's face was all there was to be seen from the view of an outsider. However, to her eyes, she contemplated as the water above fell from the finiteness of the invisible nimbus.

As much as beauty loved her every being, her every being loved the rain.

That time, as if waiting patienty for somebody, she straightened her sights. For hours, she stood; and for hours, the rain, which reminded her of that person, remained unflagged.

Rather than pools of water you'd see during any other rainy day, the storm filled the gray asphalt with an inch of flood. The girl's glittery white socks now sparkly from being soaked. Be that as it may, it made the sound of feet running down as clear as the opposite of the sky.

The image of a man ahead hurrying to catch up to her outline made her move forward to meet him halfway unconsciously. His eyes, which were famously so blue, gleamed into purple the closer they reached.

That certain day, although they have done the gesture so recurrently, walking towards each other at a distance, she couldn't stop smiling. It was a silly grin so wide she thought her face would split. It lasted the whole time he approached, grinning back at her.

There was an anarchy of butterflies inside her stomach, a panic stampede burried under her chest, a sweet nectar in her mouth. And as she watched the whole world become so lovely just by looking at him, she felt like flying in her epiphany.

Ah, I'm in love with him.

Covering her body with his, the man's right hand softly supported the woman's head, his left hand protectively holding the small of her back, as if warmly wrapping her heart itself from getting cold. He then longingly kissed her forehead, the rare gentle smile he reserved for her present in all of his actions.

"Did you wait for me long, Blake?" The Jeonsulsa resounded with the lightning. How Edahn, she thought.

Pushing back a chuckle, she dramatically nodded, "The weather here makes no sense. It's 40 degrees celcius at highnoon, then it freezes over negatively by night. The next morning, it's spring with the seasonal fever. You can't even eat newly cooked food without dying from the heat waves by the time it's brunch. I could have caught the flu or get struck by lightning, and then died by standing in the middle of the rain today."

"I missed you, too," he confessed before taking the umbrella from her, holding it up more securely for the two of them.

Then out of his strong gaze's bindings for the time being, the Wave Controller returned hers to the crashing raindrops around, dividing her attention between the weather and the Khun beside her, who was talking about climbing the Tower.