Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Tony’s POV

            I spent two weeks holed up in my house. I stayed away from the windows and only moved when I had too. To be honest, I was scared of facing my friend again. I had spent the last six years letting everyone think I was dead. If I had explained everything to them, they would have understood. And what hurt me the most was that my mom died still thinking I was dead.

            Instead of facing the threat head on, I gave up and quit. And for that, I was ashamed of myself. The sound of a car pulling into my drive way pulls me from my thoughts and I slowly make my way to the window. Peeping under the curtain, I watched as John stepped out from the car.

            As he made his way to the house, I unlock the door and twist the hand towards the right three times. He would know that the door wasn’t locked and that he could come in. Making my way back to the couch, I turn off the t.v. and wait for him to walk in. I heard the door open and shut, but I stayed where I was.

            John slowly made his way into the living room, looking around. “This place sure doesn’t suit you Ace.”

            “I’m no longer Ace, John. I had to give up being my true self almost six years ago. I’m Tony now, and this,” I say gesturing around me, “This is what Tony likes.” He shrugs and takes a seat in the chair facing me. We just stared at each other for a few minutes before he speaks again. “Why Ella, why would you fake your death and let the rest of us believe you were dead?”

            I sigh and stand up. “It was the only way to keep everyone I cared about safe Spark Plug. You know me.” I say laughing a little, but it sounded forced. “If I was dead, then they wouldn’t come after the rest of y’all. Carlos helped me. It was his way of paying me back for saving his life. I thought I would be well hidden in this small town.

            “Not once did I think I would see any of you again until the people that put the bounty on me were dead. I wasn’t going to agree with Carlos’ plan, but I was hurt. I thought that both my friends and my family were shutting me out. I have to stay away from those I care about until they’re taken care of.”

            “And how long will that be Ace? No one knows who put the bounty on your head!”

            “I’ll stay away as long as it takes Spark Plug!” I say turning around to look at him. In all the years we’d known each other, not once have I raised my voice with him; not once have I ever lost my temper. His phone rings and we both stop talking. “It’s Jake.”

            “Do not let him know I’m alive.” I tell him as he answers. “Why didn’t you tell me you thought she was still alive?” Was the first thing out of Jake’s mouth. Thankfully, John put his phone on speaker, so I could listen as well. I glare at John but he just shrugs. “I had to find out from Sam, and only because he was drunk.” 

            I jumped to my feet and stormed towards my door. But John’s words froze me in my tracks. “Would you like to speak to your sister Jake?” He didn’t, did he?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it's kind of short. I couldn't think of what to write next, so I'm taking a little break. I'm sorry it's been a while since I've last updated the book. I hope y'all enjoy reading it. :)