A Twisted Ending

Ella's POV

            I jerked away, my heart beating erractically. Confused, I look around me and notice that I'm still in the hospital. The pain in my left arm settled to a dul throb that I could ignore. As I stare out of the window, my mind kept replaying the dream I had. But to me, it seemed to real to be a dream. Sighing soflty, I turn on the news. 

             A knock comes from the door. "Come in." I call out and the door opens and the four smiling faces of my men peeped around the door. "Welcome to the land of the living Ace." They say as they walk in and seat down. Tech sits on the foot of the bed. "Guys, aren't y'all a sight for sore eyes." 

               They laugh softly and I could see that they had something to tell me. Laughing softly, I speak first. "How long will the four of you stay?" They seemed surprised at my question. "We're not sure Ace. It won't be the same without you leading us that's for sure." I nod once. "Well, I want y'all to be very careful on your next mission next month. If I lost any of y'all, it would kill me." 

                I smiled at the looks of shock on their faces. "Anyway, what's the news from the brass Spark Plug?" 

                "They've decided to give you an honorable discharge. The Colonel's thinking of making you an instructor for the recruits." 

                "Tell them thanks, but no thanks. Once the docotors let me out, I'm heading home. I haven't seem my family since the day I left for basic." They nod. "When I leave, I would like y'all to come with me. It would mean the world if I could introduce my family to my four best friends."  

                "We'll think about it Ace. But I'm sure we'll be able to go with you." I smile. "Good, I have a feeling that my parents will love y'all. And so will my brother." The nurse comes in with a small cup of my pills. "Sorry guys, but visiting time is over. Ms. McKenna here needs to take her pain medicine and get some rest." 

        The guys stand and give me a hug before making their way to the door. "We'll be back tomorrow, but if you need us for anything, give us a call." 

                "You know I will Spark Plug. I'll see y'all later."  They leave and I lay my head back on the pillow. That dream seemed so real, but a part of my believed that it was a warning of what was to come. And maybe, just maybe I would be able to stop it from happening.