Chapter 2

Rachel's POV

As I begin to regain consciousness I can immediately recognize that I am in a hospital. Although I have never been in a hospital before, the heart beat monitor and smell of antiseptics is very telling. (A/N: I've actually never been in a hospital before so sorry if it isn't realistic)

I hear the door open and see a nurse come in. "Oh Miss. Grilley, I see you are awake now. Do you remember what happened?" The nurse questions. I slowly nod wincing at the thought.

"Okay well I have some bad news to tell you. Your parents didn't survive the crash. I'm sorry. The people who found you are here and they wanted to see you. Is that alright?" I nod in response again.

She leaves and I'm left with my own thoughts. I guess I'll probably end up with my aunt. The only problem is she already has enough to worry about. Daniel will fit in fine because he has Joey who is at least semi-close to his age and has similar interests. I guess I will let them worry about that. I guess this will be the real test to see if my friends notice that I disappear since I obviously don't have a phone anymore.

All of my contact with anyone I knew is cut off because my phone was presumably destroyed and I don't have any numbers memorized. The rest of the thoughts swarming through my head are cut off as the door opens again.

I see a familiar faces come in and I am immediately shocked at who the people who found me were. Jake Pitts, Inna, and CC were the ones who found me. I mime out writing on a paper and Jake hands me his phone open and asks me if that would work. I nod and type into a blank notes page "Thank you so much." Then I handed him back his phone.

He reads it and says "You're welcome. I'm sorry about your parents. I'm Jake Pitts and he is CC if you didn't know although judging by your expression when I came in I would assume you did." I nod.

The nurse comes in and asks if I have anyone to call. Jake hands me his phone and I type out "No. I don't know anyone's phone numbers. Someone needs to get back to my house to take care of my cats and dog though. Is my brother awake?"

She asks for me to give her the name of someone for her to call so she can find there number and I give her my cousin's name since she won't be working and have taken care of my pets before.

The nurse comes back in shortly after and informs me that my cousin's fiancé is taking care of my pets while she comes to get me. She also was going to discuss with my aunt what they will do with me.

Jake whispers something to Inna and she leaves the room. Him and CC continue to sit in the room with me and we go between them asking me questions and me responding on the phone.

Eventually Inna comes back with a bag. Jake tells me to open it and inside is a phone. I quickly type "Thank you!" into his phone and hand it back to him. I grab the phone out of the bag and set it up. He asks for it and I give it to him. He types something out and gives it back to me.

When I get it I see he gave me his, Inna's, and CC's phone number. He then tells me to use it if I ever need to but not to give the number out to fans. I send him a message that says "Thank you so much. I'll text you if I ever need to." We sit there for a while more before the nurse comes in and tells them visiting hours are over.

After they leave I decide to figure out what injuries I ended up with. I ask the nurse and get the response that I had a concussion as well as I dislocated my kneecap again which I apparently had surgery on to repair my MPFL and ACL. I also had many cuts caused by the windows shattering. My brother had a more severe concussion as well as he broke his arm and a leg.

After I get food which I don't really feel like eating but do slightly anyways, I try to go to sleep. I spend most of the night getting very choppy amounts of sleep and I pretend to be sleeping until the nurse comes in to wake me up in the morning.

I know that my cousin will probably arrive sometime today and so after I finish eating I get a few apps I used to have including some of my social media. I pull up Instagram and log on. I send Kyra a message which includes my new number and tell her to add me to the group.

She sends a text and says "Hey guys. Rachel got a new phone number. She's on here." I respond with "Hey guys." I get a response from the rest of my friend group pretty quickly all asking why I have a new phone.

I take a deep breath and begin texting what happened to my friends excluding the part that I was found by members of a band since they don't know much about BVB anyways. I then go through Instagram and find my cousins Instagram and send her a message that includes my new number. I also create a story which only contains the people I want to have my number and know what happened and create a post with my number and a basic summary of what happened.

I go through Instagram and then I log onto Wattpad and read/write fanfics for a while. I don't typically read or write fanfics with two members of a band in a relationship together but I like reading the adopted by ones. My cousin texts me at 8 that she will pick me up soon.

I am hit with the sudden realization that my parents died and I feel much more numb than I ever have before. The only thing that ever stopped me besides music from attempting suicide was that I didn't want to hurt my family and now that my parents are gone almost nothing is holding me down now.

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry this is getting dark please look at the triggers for the story because from this point on for multiple chapters in a row there will be multiple triggers.