Chapter 9

I wake up and look at the clock. 6:30. Not again. I sigh and get up regardless. My guess is the school opens at 7:30 so if Dad - I mean Andy is awake we can go earlier and so we can go to Jake's house earlier. I walk downstairs to find Andy is already up. "Oh, good morning." I say sleepily. He smiles as I yawn.

I eat some toast and then go upstairs to shower and get ready. I look at my phone and see a text from Kyra. "Rachel, I'm moving to LA. Since we'll both be down there Lex convinced their dad to move down there as well. We want to meet up with you. Also, my parents and Lex's dad signed us up for a private school. Do you go to a private school? Maybe we'll be going to the same one." I get excited because I had a huge crush on her and she is my best friend and two of my four really good friends are moving down here. "Really? Of course we can meet up! I miss you! Yes I am going to a private school. I'm going to LA Academy of Arts. Where are you guys going?" She responds almost immediately. "We are all going to the same school! We are supposed to start a week from today. Lex and I are both taking Journalism, World History, Biology, and Pre-Cal. I am taking as my electives Art, Rock Band, Music Theory, and Orchestra while Lex is taking Broadcasting, Music Theory, Rock Band, and Drama."

I smile and go take a shower and get ready. I do the complete emo look that also looks cute and really badass all at the same time. I throw together my outfit and come downstairs realizing my look with the exception of my hair looks exactly like him. The same icy blue eyes, the same type of outfit, the dark hair, my fake piercings making up for the fact I don't have real ones, and even the body build. He seems to notice the same thing and smirks. "Is today dress up like Andy day? You should have let me know."

We get in the car and head to the school. The whole ride there I am thinking about how much I look like Andy. I knew my mom had me before she was 18 but that's all she really told me. I always found it weird I looked so different from my dad and brother but I never really thought about it. What if my dad wasn't my dad. I text Jake. "Jake, have you ever realized how similar Andy and I look." "Yeah. Besides your height. It's kind of funny because he always told us that his girlfriend years ago got pregnant and had a kid when she was 16. He was 14 at the time she had their baby. The girl left and moved to New York soon after having the baby and didn't even tell him what gender the baby was or their name." "Jake... My mom had me at 16 she lived in New York for a period of time."

"That's super creepy. Do you think you could be his actual daughter?" "Maybe. Is there anyway we can find out without him knowing?" "Yes. We can have DNA tests done on both of you. We can all do it as a band "for fun" and then we could get them tested to see if we have any of the same DNA meaning close relatives." "Can we do it later? I want to know." "Sure. I'll buy the shit we need at the store for later... We can get the results in a few days." "Awesome. Okay I'm at the school. See you later."

"Hey Dad, guess what?" A look of shock crosses his face as he realizes I called him dad. "What's up sweetie?" "Two of my four friends are moving down here and starting at this school the same day I am." "That's awesome! Are you ready?" "Yes. Do you have a notebook I can write in?" He hands one to me. "I'll be back soon."

I walk into the school. I write on the paper "Hi, I'm Rachel Black/Biersack and I'm supposed to come in today to test to my classes and pick them out." She smiles at me and leads me back to a room. "Okay, you will be testing in here. Please keep your phone upside down on the desk and try your best." I fill out the tests and eventually the lady comes back in. She scores them and looks at me with surprise. "You're a Sophomore right?" I nod. "Well you just tested high enough that we are placing you in senior year. You're surprisingly the third sophomore this week to do that."

She hands me a sheet to fill out the classes I want. I chose the same classes as Kyra except instead of orchestra as an elective I chose to have music technology. "Okay that will work perfectly. Please come in around 7:00 on next Monday and we will have another senior show around you and the other new seniors." I nod and then leave.

I walk into the car. "So I tested into being a senior and so I should begin looking at colleges close by that I can apply to. Good thing I got a 4.0 freshman year and I took all honors or AP classes." He looks shocked before he begins driving to Jake's house. "So what do you want your degree to be?" "I want a major in music technology or music management and a minor in journalism. I will likely just do online college. Jake has the stuff I can use if I do music technology or I can buy some cheaper stuff with my remaining money. I should also get a job soon so I can buy the stuff I need." "Rachel, I will buy you what you need don't worry. Please breathe." I take a deep breath. "You can apply to NYU and Syracuse University online if you want. We can look up more schools and I'm sure the guys would help."

"Can we go to the music store later? I want to buy a guitar like Jake and Jinxx's and get you guys all to sign it so I can bring it for my music classes. Good thing at this point I don't need the crutches anymore." "Of course. We can go now if you want and then stop home to grab Jinxx's guitar and Lonny." I nod and we head off to the music store.

When we get there I find a beautiful Schecter guitar that looks exactly like their's do for the album. "Dad, can I please have this one?" He nods and I pick it up and bring it to the register while Andy grabs a new amp and cord for me. He pays for it and then we bring it all to the car. "I noticed you are wearing some fake piercings today. Do you want real ones?" "Yes please! You would actually let me get some?" "Of course! Do you want to get them now?" "Really? Yes!"

He drives to the tattoo and piercing shop. "What do you want to get?" "I want to get a nose piercing and lip ring kind of like you had yours. Can I get a small tattoo as well?" "Have you thought about getting one for a while?" "Yes. I want to get the BVB star with "Never Give In" written below it. I want it on my upper arm is that okay?" "Yeah. Do you think 2x3 would be a good size?" I nod. "Okay, let's go in!"

He goes up to the counter and tells them what I am getting. He signs the papers and they lead me back. They are doing my piercings first and then the tattoo. Thankfully, I have a high pain tolerance and so even with it being still fairly painful it wasn't horrible. Eventually they finish. I smile at Dad silently thanking him. He pays and we head to the car.

He drives home and we go inside. "I have some foundation about your skin color that we can use to cover your scars. I'll help you and so you can show off your new tattoo." "Okay! I'm fine as long as we aren't going out without doing anything." "Okay if you are good with that." I go upstairs and change into one of Andy's batman tank tops that he didn't know I took. I grab his Wretched and Divine leather vest as well and then I put Jinxx's things away. I take them downstairs and put them in the car.

I went back into the house and everyone was downstairs in the living room. "Hey guys! Look what Dad brought me to do." I pointed out my nose and lip rings and then showed them my tattoo. "That's awesome! Andy, you are aware she is only 15 though right?" "Yes but she has something else to tell you guys." "I tested into senior year so this is my last year of high school." "That's amazing." "Okay Lonny, we're going to head out now. Jake said he had something fun for us to do today as well as we're going to work on the last few songs that aren't finished."