Four

As we got to the drummer Pete's party, I could tell John had gotten very much more on guard then before, becoming more witty when he spoke, seeming to put certain walls up to put on more of a teddy boy facade in front of his mates.

"Lennon!" Paul smiled as he saw us walk in through the smoke and loud rock n roll music playing throughout the confined house space.

"McCartney." He smirked with his smugness that made him seem more cynical and cold.

"Hello Ellie." Paul batted his eyelashes sweetly, evidently tipsy and hopelessly flirtatious.

"Hello Paul." I felt slightly sheepish speaking with him because of the last time we'd met, seeing him smirk.

"John's pretty set on you, y'know, but I don't know what you see in him, no good he is." Paul scrunched his nose leaning in to nearly whisper to me, his breath smelling of cheap beer.

My face filled with colour hearing that John had talked about "being set on me" to Paul.

"Right, that's enough outta you, or I'll deck ye'." He said making a funny face, slipping his tongue behind his bottom lip and shaking his fist jokingly.

I giggled as John began to escort me along past Paul, only being able to get a quick goodbye out to Paul before losing sight of him in the sea of people in the small house.

"You fancy a drink?" John inquired as we found ourselves where the drinks were spread out on the dining table.

"Aye." I agreed over excitedly making him chuckle, grabbing us both beers.

"So how come I've never seen you 'round before in the 'pool? I'm sure I would've remembered you." He spoke cheekily as he handed the drink to me.

My expression dropped for a second, knowing exactly why.

"I dunno," my expression picked back up again, "suppose I don't get out enough." I said taking a sip of the beer that tasted like gasoline, almost cringing.

"Well I'm glad that's changed," he smiled holding out his beer for cheers.

I clinked his glass with a lopsided grin, my chest filled with butterflies as the two of us drank.

"So, your band," I said breaking the tension I felt between John and I, having lost myself in his eyes for a moment, "you're starting to really attract attention?" I inquired having heard their name increasingly before we'd even met.

"We're doing well yeah," his eyes sparkled as he began to talk about his band, something I'm sure he was very passionate about.

He continued to tell me about how his band's recent success, along with some stories of Germany, and I couldn't help but be absolutely fascinated with how freely he lived.

That's a lesson I could learn from him.

"So what about you then? What's your story?" He pretended to become more serious narrowing his eyes teasingly as we had found a spot to sit together on a love seat, the two of us having some sort of privacy amongst all the partiers.

"There's not much to tell, I'm afraid," I laughed anxiously.

"There has to be something." He grinned leaning into me wiggling his eyebrows goofily, undertones of genuine curiously prevalent.

I smiled, "really, there isn't, I'm treated like bloody porcelain by me mum, it's been hard to live a life on my own." My smile fell slightly.

"If you stuck around, with me I mean, I could show you that life you've been missing." His expression softened, a small simper peaked on his lips suggestively.