Chapter 8

Korra's pov:

"Good Morning Korra" 

"Heyyyyy Tenzin! Uhhh How you doin?" I say this while my heart is beating faster by the minute.

"So, why didn't you come back to the island last night? Were you with Mako?"

Oh gods he also noticed? Jeez and here's Mako and I thinking we were being discreet. Well I am ready to tell people Mako and I are back together. Might as well let Tenzin know.

"Yeah actually, I was."

Tenzin sighs and says something I was not expecting. 

"Sadly I can't tell you what to do anymore since you are turning 22 in a couple months so I'm okay with this."

both Tenzin and I laugh and I hug him "Thank you Tenzin. That means alot."

I make my way to my room and I get dressed into some clean clothes. I have to go to court for Kuvira's case to testify against her. Bolin just became a police officer and Mako went back to head detective after Wu and Lin let him back onto the force. So maybe both of them are going to be there. We'll see.

Mako's pov: 

As head detective, I had to go to Kuvira's trial and gather evidence for her case. Korra has to be there as a witness and as the Avatar to testify against her so I get to see her! yay

I sat down at the courthouse with Bolin. Bolin starts talking about his date with Opal at Kuang's but I'm too distracted looking around to see if Korra came yet. Then I see her walk in and I smile. 

She fist bumps Bolin and sits down next to me. "Hey sweetie" I say as I kiss her on the cheek. She smiles and grabs my hand. We both look to the left and see Bolin jaw dropped and his eyebrow raised. Korra attempts to close his mouth by lifting his chin and closing his mouth, but his jaw just drops again.

We both laugh as Bolin says "Wait a minute... I am very confused right now. Are you guys back together?" We both look at each other and we nod.

"Yes! Finally!" We all laugh until Asami walks in. "Hey guys."

Korra grips my hand and I tighten my grip too.  Asami looks at Korra and I and sits down next to me. "So I've seen you two have gone public. Good for you." Korra and I smile.

After Kuvira's case Korra and I go to Narook's and have dinner then we start walking to my apartment hand in hand. 

"So Bolin seems like he supports us." she says and we both laugh. "Yeah I think he has since we dated a couple years ago even after we broke up." She stops and lets go of my hand. 

"What's wrong?" She looks at me and says "I've been thinking about that and I think I understand why we were so-- toxic during our relationship."

We sit at a bench near by and she starts talking. 

"I think the reason I was so angry when you didn't agree with me is because... I never had anyone. I was surrounded by old people remember?" We both laugh and she starts talking again. 

"And I used to read books, and listen to Katara telling me about her and Aang's story and I guess I had expectations that your partner will always agree with you. But that was in books and not reality. And when we started dating I forgot you were not just my boyfriend but my best friend. And you have your opinions. I never recognized that but now I do. And I'm sorry."

I look at her admiration. She just talked about an unspoken thing that happened years ago which is good... I think. I smiled and took her face with my hands and kissed her. "Thank you telling me that. I love you Korra" she smiles wide and kisses me again. "I love you too." We kiss deeply again and we hug for about 4 minutes never letting go. Then we get to my apartment and we cuddle. She spends the night and we sleep in each other's arms. Gods I love this woman.