Chapter 5

* Shorter's POV*

"So Eiji! How do you like my cooking?" I cross my arms and wait for his answer. I was pretty confident in my cooking skills so I wasn't worried.

"It's delicious Shorter! I didn't think you knew how to cook."Eiji said as he sipped the water.

Before I could say anything, I heard (Y/N) entering in the kitchen while yawning and scratching the back of her head.

"Morning y'all..." she said lazily and slid down the chair.

"Good morning sleeping beauty" Ash mocked her.

I placed down the food in front of her and she didn't waste time to dig in. "Thanks for the food!"

She took a big bite of the meal and exclaimed "Wow! This is really good! Who would have thought that you with those sausage fingers could make su—" before she could finish the sentence, her pale skin became bright red and her brown eyes widen.
"F-fuck! It's so fucking spicy!" She starts coughing and rushes to the sink. She opens it and keeps drinking from it.

"Oh my god! I completely forgot to tell you that (Y/N) can't handle spicy food" Eiji facepalmed, disappointed at himself.

I really wanted to laugh but she would probably whoop my ass if i did that and plus...I kinda felt bad for her so I made my way over the sink and checked on her.

"Hey....are you okay?" I placed my hand on her shoulder.

She removes her head from the sink, her cheeks are slowly returning to their original color. She gave one last cough and said "Y-yeah, I'm fine..."

I snickered "Come on! It wasn't even that spicy!"

She gave me a death glare "I'll get you back for this..."

I pat her head "Yeah yeah...There are some dumplings and tofu as well, I promise they are not spicy."

"Fine....I'll trust you." She pouted which in my mind was very cute.

When she took a small bite, I eagerly asked her "So how is it?"

She puts down the fork and places her pointing finger on her chin like she was thinking, which made me a little nervous " I wonder....The outside of the dumpling is crispy and quiete burned at first glance. You can almost say that it's harumaki but when you see what's inside, it's over-seasoned with soy souse so you can't really call this harumaki." She continues to brutally attack me "Also this mapo tofu..."

What's with this casual but yet casually blunt diss?!?!

"Wow! Amazing Shorter! This shumai tastes like it's from outer space!"

"Please stop this already!!"

- - - -

* (Y/N)'s POV*

The four of us found a place to talk outside. That's when Ash explained what was happening inside of Dinos restaurant, and how he planned on killing Dino then. Just the thought of kids being sold like toys for the rich people made me feel disgusted from the pit of my stomach.

- - - -
* Next day*

I was sandwiched between Shorter and Eiji. Shorter started driving and I soon regret letting him ride the car.

Maybe I should have driven the truck and not him...

I mean he said it himself that he doesn't drive cars that often, so judging from that, I'm glad that we still haven't crushed yet.