Chapter 8

Waking up the next morning was hard, it felt like my eyes were glued together, I tried going back to sleep but the sound of shooting wouldn't let me. I turned my head and saw Shorter sleeping and snoring softly against my neck. I smiled gently and decided to run my hand through his hair. His hair was incredibly soft, just like cotton candy. I thought his hair would be damaged from dying and bleaching his hair so much.

   I placed my hand on his cheek, softly brushing my fingers against his cheek. That's when he nuzzled against my hand and I nearly died from the cuteness. Gosh....he's so cute and precious! I still can't believe that Shorter, the character that I love with my whole heart, is sleeping right next to me! I think I might die...I'm so goddamn happy.

   That's when I heard him groan and I quickly took off my hand from his cheek. He kept rubbing his eyes for good two minutes before finally opening them up and looking at me with those breathtaking brown eyes of his. Oh how I wanna lean down and smooch his lips but I gotta control myself.

"Good morning (Y/N)" he said with a raspy voice, following with a big yawn.

"G-good morning Shorter" I stutter, totally embarrassed about the thing I did a few minutes ago.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked.

I yawned and nodded " yeah I did but I wish we could sleep a little bit more."

Before he could say anything, Eiji came into the room. "Oh hi, guys! Ash just told me to wake you up and get up for breakfast. Jeniffer prepared it for us." He said it with an innocent smile of his, hands behind the back.

"Aight, give us a few minutes," I said lazily.

When Eiji left, we both got up, stretched, and put on our clothes. Before we went to the dining room, I grabbed Shorters hand and smiled at him. "You know Shorter, I just wanted to thank you for yesterday, I hadn't had this much fun for a while," I admitted.

He ruffled my hair and smiled back at me " No problem (Y/N), I also had fun." He smirked at me.

"Oh, and by the way...you need to wash your hair or otherwise it will be ruined."

"Bruh, where the fuck am I supposed to wash my hair here." Now that he mentioned it, both my panties and my bra were dried out from salty water and it felt uncomfortable, especially my panties.

*time skip to the evening because I'm a lazy piece of shit*

Eiji decided to look for Ash, and of course, I tagged along with him. Shorter didn't waste any time to join the two of us. I made sure both of my gun (which Shorter gave me) and my knife were there with me.

"Hey look, the lights are still on."

"They said they were closing, maybe Ash is there." Shorter suggested. Both me and Eiji nodded. Eiji continued shouting for Ash. I knew I had to shut up Eiji before it was too late so I decided it was time to start my amazing acting skills.

I gesture Shorter to lean down, as he was few centimeters taller than me, as I whispered in his ear:

"Shorter...something feels wrong, I can feel it in my gut."

"Now that you mention it, it looks suspicious"

The diner came into the view and both me and Shorter glared at each other, rushing towards Eiji to cover his mouth before he called out Ash's name.

"Shhh...Eiji keep quiet. Ash looks like he's having trouble, it seems that Dino's men already found us" Shorter told him with a serious look, as we both let go of Eiji's mouth.

We quietly made our way towards Ash, who seemed both surprised and relieved seeing us.

"What are you guys doing here?!" He whisper-shouted.

"Well you were late so we decided to look for you and here we are," I said.

"We need to think of a plan and we need to do it fast." Shorter continued.

Ash looked like he was in deep thought, his fingers touching the bridge of the nose.

"You two stay here, me and Shorter will take them down, there are only two of them, we will handle it with no problem." 

I wanted to protest but since I changed the plot a little bit, I decided not to get in their way. I gave Ash my gun because I knew Dino's men would tell him to drop his gun.

First Ash went into the dining room to distract Dino's men, and as I anticipated, they ordered Ash to drop his or they would kill both Jeniffer and Jim. I could hear a gun hitting the ground. That's when Shorter rushed into the dining room and started shooting.

I couldn't see what was happening inside, curiosity took over me and I sneaked in to see what was happening.

One of Dino's men was using Jeniffer as a shield and another one was hiding behind the counter. Looks like Ash's dad was still shot in the shoulder.

I couldn't let Jeniffer die just like that. She's such a sweet woman, She doesn't this.

None of them noticed my presence there since they were distracted, trying to shoot each other's heads off. I used that time in advantage, sneaked up to the guy who was holding Jeniffer, and slit his throat with my knife. His dead body dropped on the ground while Jeniffer started crying and rushed over to Jim.

I looked down at my bloody hands and felt sick. I just killed a man....I-I just took a person's life away...

Everything became blurry in my vision, I couldn't move, nor I could hear anything. I became mortified.

That's when I felt someone shaking and then throwing me on their shoulders. That's when I snapped out of it and noticed that it was Shorter who was carrying me, then afterward throwing me in the truck.

I could hear Ash cursing from the distance, running towards the truck. Shorter and Eiji held out their hands, pulling Ash up in the vehicle.

Once everyone caught their breath, Shorter scooted towards me, taking my hands to clean off the blood.

"Are you crazy?! We were handling the situation just fine. You could have been injured, or worse, dead!" Aaaand the nagging starts again.

"I'm sorry Shorter, I just...When I saw Jeniffer, my body moved on its own. I-I couldn't let her die." I looked up at Shorter with sad eyes.

He sighed and pulled me into the hug "I'm just glad that you're not hurt, I don't know what I would do if you got hurt."

Hearing Shorters words made me cry, nobody has ever said that kind of thing to me....it felt nice, I felt loved....even tho we've known each other about a week, I felt like I could trust him with my whole soul. I buried my head in his chest, letting out my feeling, while he was holding me, occasionally rubbing his hand on my back and playing with my hair.

When we finally pulled away, I caught Ash staring at me and he quickly said:

"Thank god love birds, now that the awkward time is over" his voice went from mocking to soft "I wanted to thank you (Y/N)...For saving Jeniffer"

"No problem Ash, I only did what was right" I gave him a small smile.

A few minutes later, all of us went to sleep, I snuggled against Shorter while he wrapped his arms around me.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Well, helloooo guyyyss!! I'm alive! How are you guys doing? I know I haven't written for so long. My finger is doing good but the reason I didn't update was that I couldn't find any time because of school. I promise I'll start updating once I find the time. This chapter is a little bit rusty and I don't like it. Anyways, until the next chapter!