Chapter 1: I Ain't Afraid Of No Ghosts

*Rikke's POV*

The ringing of the school bell symbolizes the meaning of this country, freedom. I'm a nineteen year old delinquent still in high school. You punch one kid in the face in grade four, and you get held back for "bad behaviour". That bastard deserved it as far as I'm concerned.

I grab my binder and throw it in my book bag. As much as I hate school, I hate homework even more. I pass by the office to grab my skateboard and I'm off. My house is only a couple blocks away from the school. Hopefully, my brothers have leftovers from lunch, so I can just go to my room and lock the door.

My parents are no longer with us. Five years ago in two days, they skidded into an oncoming train. I mostly miss them because my brothers are pricks. They think I'll be motivated if they insult me and try to control my life. And they wonder why I like my room so much.

I turned the corner to be on my street, and like everyday, Jason was there. This poor jock brunette has been crushing on me since the school year began. But he has this disease called, "he wants what he can't have." And he's kind of stupid to be honest.

"Rikke, baby!" He shouted. "What you doing beauty?"

"Thinking of all the ways I can hide your body." I quipped, skating past him.

"Baby, come on." He chased after me. "Don't be like that."

"I'm not your 'baby'." I said, still skating away.

Jason steps in front of my board, stopping me in my tracks. "Just hear me out. Go out with me. Opposites attract, and we're the definition of that."

"I'll go out with you if you can spell my first name." I told him.

"R-I-C-K-Y. There, I'll pick you up at eight." Jason grinned accomplished.

"R-I-K-K-E. Nice try, gotta fly." i picked up my board and walked around him.

"Please girl. My boys and I are going to go check out the most haunted house in Seattle." He offered. "You're into death and shit right."

I sighed. This guy just won't give up. "If I go there with you, and it doesn't work out, promise you will never talk to me again?"

"Absolutely." Jason looked at me with his blue pleading eyes.

I adjusted my glasses in annoyance. "Give me the address, I'll meet you there in an hour."

"You won't regret this." He handed me a slip of paper, and ran off.

"Already starting to." I muttered.

I ran all the way back to my house. My younger brother Leo, the only child with my mother's ginger locks, was making out with his girlfriend on the porch. I rolled my eyes, I find romance and all that disgusting. But it might be because I'm single myself, I don't know.

I strode past them saying, "Leo, we talked about this. That's what bedrooms are for."

"I thought you weren't allowed to dye your hair." He looked at my single red streak I got at lunch today.

"I thought you were supposed to shut up, little bro." I ruffled his hair. Honestly, he's my only good brother.

I walked into the front door, and the twins Nick and Jack shook there heads. They had our dads black hair, just like me and our older brother/ father figure Kyler. Kyler was in the kitchen, making dinner. I could smell the bacon sizzling from here.

"How'd you do on the test?" Kyler asked, before I could sneak upstairs.

"C+, not my worst work." I reassured, walking into the kitchen.