Chapter 4: The House on the Haunted Hill Part 2

This was not how I planned to have my day to turn out. Running my right hand through my hair I sighed before giving Rikke a weak smile, "Let's make sure we watch each others backs, so that those ghost bastards don't catch us by suprise. Know anything that's an effective weapon against them?"

"Nope, I'm new remember, but if they can push us that means we can push them back. So we can kick their asses when they show up again." Rikke said as she slowly pushed herself up off the ground.

Leaning on the wall for support to get up, I stared at the front door wishing someone would bust it open and save us. Wait, we weren't useless, maybe while we were stuck in here we could find something to help solve this case. Turning to Rikke, I annouced, "Since we're stuck in here unless the guys find a way to get us out let's take a look around, and see who the hell we're up against. There must be some personal belongings of the last owner somewhere or at least something that tells the history of this place here. Know any room here where we could find something?"

Rikke looked deep in thought for a second before nodding, "The attic is full of boxes. Maybe we could find something there." Walking up to the front door, she yelled, "We're heading to the attic to see if we can find anything."

We heard banging on the front door, but we couldn't hear the guys voices. Biting my lip I said, "We should probably get moving now."

Rikke nodded before limping ahead of me up the stairs and called to me, "Follow me."

I quickly ran up the stairs to her side, and as soon as I matched her pace I closed my eyes for a second concentrating on the noises around us. There was nothing out of the ordinary though, so I opened them back up and glanced back to the front door below us and murmured, "Hope the guys are okay."

"They're probably fine. The ghosts here only target girls, remember, so they're only after us. That means we need to focus on making sure we survive. Mathias is probably not even worried about us." Rikke stated as she reached the top of the stairs and led me down a hallway. For a second I almost thought I heard bitterness in the last sentence she spoke, but it was probably just my imagination.

When we got to a dead end I felt someone watching us and turned around, but even though I saw nothing I knew that a ghost was still watching us. Keeping my guard up I turned back to Rikke to see that she had opened the way to the atttic, and when I came to her side I calmly stated to her, "A ghost is watching us."

Rikke looked back down the hallway and shrugged, "Let them watch as long as they don't come at us then they're not a problem at the moment. If they do reveal themselves then we'll just kick their asses. Come on now."

Following Rikke into the attic I noticed that it was dark and that there was a pile of boxes piled on one side of the room. Walking together up to the boxes I tried now to inhale dust as I opened a box. The box contained newspapers and as I scattered them on the floor, I heard Rikke murmur, "Taya, look at this."

Looking over to her I saw that she had another newspaper in her hand and the main story of the newspaper was 'Police still do nothing about disappearances'. Coming to Rikke's side I read the article out loud, "Police still do nothing about the 5 disappearances of people on Bradley Hill that have happened in the past two months, making it a total of 40 disappearances in the last 8 years. The police have not answered any questions except that the majority of the people that have disappeared have been late teen to middle twenty age females." Looking up at Rikke I murmured, "This article was written nearly 10 years ago. I don't think that just this house is haunted, Rikke."

"It's the hill itself that's haunted. We are so screwed," Rikke sighed. "Maybe the guys have broken open the door by now. So let's go downstairs and check."