EPISODE 57

CHERYL'S POV.

I opened the next picture and I got shocked. It was a very old picture which could be more than twenty years.

It was a picture of two teenagers a male and a female who were about eighteen years old both with forest green eyes.

What shocked me most was the female in the picture. She look just like my mum. The only difference was she was a younger version of my mum.

I took a close look at the picture and the male could pass as the younger version of Jack's dad.

Who is this lady.......... I asked jack pointing to the lady in the picture that look like my mum.

Oh that is dad's  twin sister.......... Jack casually replied. His dad's twin sister ? But this is my mum's picture. I mean I know my mum died when I was still young but I can recognize him right.

And this particular picture looks like the one mum use to look at and cry. I was young but i remember very well that anytime mum looks at a similar picture she becomes sad and cries. It got to a point where dad had to hide that picture.

Are you okay hermana.......... Jack ask.

Yes I am. I mean is it this same lady your dad was talking about the investigator finding her address......... I ask still pointing to mum's picture.

Yes she has been missing for twenty years and dad has search for her for a long time now........... He replied and I just nodded.

Oh God could mum be Jack's dad  missing sister. I mean mum's surname is Lopez, She has the same necklace as Jack's dad and even the same Forest green eyes and to top it off I see a pic of my mum and Jack's dad in their teens.

No am not sure this is possible. Mum can't be related to such a wealthy man. Is this why dad ask jack to take care of me like his own sister? Did dad know something ?. We weren't staying in new York when mum died. We were staying at Connecticut with Brittany and her family. We all moved to New York after mum's death.

I remember we were really poor and barely had three square meal. If mum had such a wealthy family I am sure she will have ask for help from them.

Maybe am just thinking too much into this. It may be just be a coincidence. Maybe it is someone who looks like mum and not her. But I just couldn't let go of the nagging feeling I have that it really mum in the picture and she can be Jack's father's missing twin sister.

Are you okay.......... Jack asked.

Yes.... I am okay...... I mean do you know the name of your dad's twin sister.......... I asked.

Yeah I think her name is Fernanda López......jack said and I gasps. Just then the front door opened and Jack's parents walked in with a man probably in his late thirties.

Dad, mum you are back......... Jack called but all I could think about was the name Fernanda López. That is my mum's name. This means I am not just  overthinking things. My mum can be the missing sister of Jack's dad. At this point all the peices came together.

The secret my mum and dad where hiding from me was the fact that mum was the twin sister of Jack's dad one of the most wealthiest family.

And dad knew jack was my cousin that is the reason why he ask jack to take care of me.

The necklace and the picture. My thoughts were cut short when I heard my name.

Cheryl are you okay.......... Jack's mum called and when I look around I realise everyone was sitted looking at me.

Yes....... I simply replied.

JACK'S POV

Ever since Cheryl saw dad's sister's pic she is behaving strangely. I have a feeling she knows something. She asked for her name and when I told her I heard her gasp but just then mum and dad came in with the new investigator.

We all sat down ready to hear what he has to say. We all realised Cheryl wasn't paying attention to us so mum asked her if she is okay and she simply replied yes but I know she is not okay. I will ask her later.

Okay as I was saying this is Mr Peterson the new investigator I hired and as I told you guys yesterday he is here to give us some information......... dad said and we all nodded.

Okay Mr López as I told you on phone yesterday. I have some information for you......... Mr Peterson the investigator said and when he realise he had our full attention he continued.

I took your advice to check the names and address of all the Mexicans living in USA and with the help of your sister and her boyfriend's name you gave me I got to know their address.

They both came to America together and got married in Connecticut. They gave birth to a girl but your sister died Ten years ago when their child was just eight....... He said and I could see a tear drop Cheryl's eyes but she quickly cleaned it. Why is she crying. Something is really wrong with her.

My sister is dead how?........ Dad asked and I could feel his pain. I know dad love his sister very much and for him to look for her all this years and be told she is dead is a really hard blow.

She died of cirrhosis......... Mr Peterson said.

What about her daughter I mean my cousin........ I curiously asked.

Yes what about my niece........ Dad also asked.

When your sister died her husband Ricardo and daughter left Connecticut to New York. I was able to get their address and went to New York to search for them. When I got there I was told Ricardo García died a year ago and his daughter sold the house........ Mr Peterson said. Wait Ricardo García. That name sounds familiar. Yes I think that is Cheryl's dad's name and he also died a year ago and Cheryl sold their house.

Ricardo García ??.......... Cheryl and I asked at the same time. I know dad's sister run away with a guy but I never asked for the guys name.

Yes Ricardo García............he replied.

Do both of you know him......... Dad ask.

Yes..... I mean do you have any information on her daughter.............. I asked Mr Peterson whiles  looking at Cheryl and she was also looking at me wierdly like she knows something I don't know.

Yes I found the girls name and the school she attends......... He replied.

What is her name........... Both Cheryl and I asked together again while looking at each other. Mr Peterson pulled a paper from his suitcase as we wait impatiently for him to speak.

She goes by the name Cheryl Marie García and she is a student of Cambell high school........he said and I gasp.

Holy fuck !!!!!!.

❤️ U.
XoXo.
Christalyne peisie.
Vote comment and follow.