𝟐.𝟏𝟏 - 𝐡𝐨𝐠'𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐩𝐮𝐛

Snow crunched under your boots as you trampled through the streets of Hogsmeade. It was your first official school trip and you were more than excited. Harry and Hermione talked quietly up ahead, shoulders hunched together in conversation. Both you and Ron were lagging behind. You listened as he enthusiastically pointed out different shops and storefronts that you walked past.

 When the trip was announced a few weeks back, you internally groaned. There was no way in hell you would be kissing up to your parents in an attempt to get them to sign a permission slip. You had been planning on coming up with an excuse as to why you couldn't join your friends when thankfully and to your surprise, Draco approached you later that day with a letter addressed to you from his mother.

You opened it later that day on your bed. 

 'Hello, darling, 

 I understand that you and your mother aren't on the best of terms right now so I took the liberty of sending an extra permission slip along with Draco's just in case. 

Best of luck on your exams!

 N.M'

Narcissa Malfoy was decidedly your favorite member of the Malfoy family at the moment.

"-And that's Zonko's, the best joke shop for miles," Ron explained excitedly. You nodded and smiled, not having the heart to tell him that you had already visited Zonko's last year on your way to get your dress for the ball. "And that's Honeydukes," He pointed a gloved hand toward a colorful shop. Children poured out of the entrance and the sweet smell of caramelized sugar hit your nose.

"Oh, oh!" He tugged on your arm and gestured toward a quieter, older looking building. "That's the-"

"Ron!" Hermione turned around, her hair thrown about from the wind and an exasperated expression on her face. There were snowflakes clutching to the hair that fell out from her winter hat. "I'm sure she can read the signs just fine without your commentary."

"Oh," Ron said, dejectedly.

When Hermione turned back around, you tugged on his sleeve with the brightest smile you could manage. "I'd like to hear more about Honeydukes, please."

He continued talking as the four of you wandered further and further away from the bright flashy signs and the rest of the student body. You barely noticed where you were being led until Harry and Hermione stopped dead in their tracks in front of a quiet-looking building. The rusted swinging sign in front of the door read Hog's Head.

"Oi," the red-head beside you groaned. "What are we doing all the way out here? Honeydukes is that way," he pointed his mitten-covered hand behind him toward the rest of Hogsmeade. You didn't want to say anything but you silently agreed with him. You came for one reason and one reason only: candy.

Hermione sighed. "I've called for a meeting here so we can discuss Umbridge without worrying about her catching us."

Ron visibly deflated and grumpily crossed his arms. Harry fiddled with his glasses before cupping his hands over his mouth in an attempt to warm them. "Who do we know that's even coming to this meeting?" He asked.

Hermione raised her eyebrows and began counting on her fingers silently. "Mostly Gryffindors, but I suspect a few Ravenclaws will weasel their way in as well."

You looked between them and back down at your feet. It was no secret that you were disliked by most, if not all Gryffindors besides the three in front of you and maybe Neville. "Oh," you breathed, the air escaping your mouth and floating off into the sky. "Should I go wait for you someplace else, then?"