𝟐.𝟐𝟑 - 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭

You stood anxiously in the doorway as Harry, Ron, and Hermione tried to activate the Floo Network from the fireplace in Umbridge's office. You weren't exactly sure what was going on or why you needed to leave the school, but you weren't about to abandon your friends when they needed you.

Harry, who had been crouched over in the fireplace, sat back up and huffed. There was soot all over his cheeks and his glasses were crooked. He wiped the ashes from his hands onto the lap of his jeans before standing back up. "Ron, Hermione, you two come with me. (Y/N), go straight to the Owlery, and send word to the Order. Voldemort has Sirius."

"What?" You exclaimed, stepping out of the doorway and into the room. "I'm coming with you guys!"

This was exactly the opportunity you had been waiting for this entire year. Now, you could finally prove that you weren't as evil as your parents by helping Harry rescue Sirius. Why was he trying to rip that away from you?

Harry straightened his glasses and shot you a look. At surface level, it was bitter and tense. But the longer you stared into his soft emerald colored eyes, the clearer it became that his intentions were nothing less than protective. 

"Please, (Y/N). It could be dangerous."

Despite his purest intentions, you clenched your hand into a fist at your side and tilted your chin high up into the air. "Harry, when are you going to realize that we're in this together. All of us."

"For once I agree with you, Ms. Firethorn."

Everyone's eyes went wide and you wheeled around to see Umbridge and her army of Slytherin students standing in the doorway behind her. You could see Pansy wedged behind Crabbe and Goyle, her arms crossed in front of her robes with a satisfied look on her face. You glared. She had no-doubt seen the four of you sneaking away from the fireworks display and alerted the others.

It didn't take long for Umbridge to round up the rest of Dumbledore's Army. You and the others were being held tightly in place by your fellow Slytherins. Pansy had the tip of her wand pointed at Ron who looked less than pleased to be in her grasp. Crabbe, obviously careful of his limits, had a loose hold on your elbow.

You had always assumed that he had the same fearful respect for you that he did for Draco just out of association. But now you understood the truth. He knew that your father was closer to Voldemort than his and one bad word could ruin the Crabbe family name in the eyes of their precious Dark Lord forever. 

 Lucky for him, you didn't feel like struggling. If you had, there were four ways you already pictured your escape to go down and three of them involved cranking back your arm and breaking his nose.

Harry had been bound in place in Umbridge's pink-cushioned office chair. She paced slowly in front of him, every so often kicking one of his sneakers. The room was twice as stuffy with eight or so people wedged inside and if you heard that kitten plate meow one more time, you swore you'd smash it into a million pieces.

"Caught this one trying to help that Weasley girl!" Draco sneered as he entered, shoving Neville forcefully in front of him. You refused to meet his gaze, despite feeling the burn of his eyes on your figure. Instead, you blinked down at Harry, who was taking long deep breaths through his teeth.

"You were going to Dumbledore, weren't you?" Umbridge spat, her face closing in on his. 

Harry turned his head away, his eyes closed in what looked like disgust. "No," he answered levelly.

You gasped loudly as she reeled her hand back to slap him flat across the face with her open palm. His glasses fell off of one ear but he did not react physically. Despite his calm response, you struggled once more in Crabbe's meek hold.