Chapter Six

♤Cassian♤

Please have mercy on me
Please have mercy on my heart
Even though you don't mean to hurt me
You've been tearing me apart

In the car, the silence is suffocating me.

Even Eric is quiet.

When my mate wrote those words, it felt as if there was a bullet to my heart.

'What is this?', she had written, 'Don't show me that ugly ass face again. I hate him, and his music.'

What did I ever do to her? I don't understand. Why would she hate me?

"Dude, at least she doesn't know that you're him." Eric finally breaks the silence.

I turn to him. "How's that any better? When she sees who I am, she'll reject me straight away."

"You can't expect her to love you because of your social status," Tryn tells me.

"But I shouldn't expect her to hate me for it either!"

They're all staring at me, and that's when I realise that I'm not being as carefree as I'd had hoped.

There's more silence before finally, the car door swings open.

Zeke is at the door, smiling at us all. "We're here!"

Tryn, Eric, Ryland and I all stay silent as we make our way out of the car.

Zeke has taken us to a large house, big enough that the band, the crew, and most importantly, the guards can stay in.

It comes to a surprise that there isn't a fan group or reporters from the press here to greet us.

Perhaps Zeke kept it a secret.

"Where are they all?" Eric voices for us all.

"I never told anyone that we were coming here, except for the necessary."

I nod. "Good."

Suddenly, Eric bolts towards the door.

"Eric! Wait up!" I jog after him, quickly being followed by Tryn and Ryland.

I jump up the white stairs and slide over the porch.

When I get inside, I find Eric dancing up the stairs.

"I'm so getting the biggest bedroom."

I roll my eyes and shoot him a lazy grin. "You wish."

I sprint up the stairs after him.

Eric examines each of the rooms.

"Which is the biggest?" He stresses.

I laugh, and run straight past him, around the corner, and through the end room.

"I'm having this one!" I drawl, smirking.

The room I'm in is easily the largest. It has a plush bed, a balcony, and a bathroom.

My feet sink into the carpet as I pad towards the bathroom.

I rejoice as I take in the large hot tub and the glass windows that look out over the gardens.

Not only will I have a killer view, but it's specially designed so that people on the outside can't see in.

"Dude," Eric cries as he enters my new room, " no fair! How did you know this was here?"

I shrug. "Luck?"

He huffs and stalks out, whispering under his breath. "Luck my ass."

And to be truthful, it wasn't luck that scored me this room, it was the map of the house that I borrowed from Zeke.

《Living like a King》 Darryl sighs.

Suddenly, my door swings open yet again.

I turn. It's Zeke.

"Come on. We're going to have a run."

My wolf perks up. 《Yes!》

He begins to wag his tail.

"Okay, let's go."

. . .

I love being in my wolf form for a number of reasons.

1) I am stronger, almost invincible.

2) I am free of my Prince and Boy band obligations

3) I am free of all troublesome thoughts

And

4) My senses are heightened.

In this case, I am noticeably more excited about the last point, because to my shock, I can smell her.

《Mate!》 Darryl yips.

I wag my tail.

It's true! She's here in Lynette!

I howl, and the rest of the group do too.

^Dude, this feels great!^

^I agree,^ Tryn's black wolf chases its tail, ^I haven't run for ages^

Even Ryland's grey wolf is having fun.

Suddenly, Zeke's yellow ears press back into his head as he growls.

^Rogues.^ He barks.

My wolf perks up and begins to growl also.

Now that Zeke has pointed that out, I can smell rogues near my mate.

Is she in danger?

My wolf is starting to become agitated, so I have no other choice than to shift.

Shifting is a tricky thing.

It doesn't hurt, at least not for true-born werewolves.

Humans that were bitten are another story altogether.

For them, it is extremely painful every time. No exceptions.

Sometimes the human dies with her/his first shift.

That's why before anyone changes a human, they have to come to my pack first, the Royal pack.

We assess the human, look at the reason why the werewolves want the human turned, and the overall strength and resilience of the human, mentally and physically.

But when I shift, a true-born werewolf, it doesn't hurt, because it's just the shifting of two skins.

I don't know the exact workings of how. I don't think anyone does.

But as I walk back, butt naked, I can't help but smile.

My mate, she's here, and I'm going to find her, and convince her to love me, whether it's the last thing I do.