001. START ━ AWAKENING

sea witches have to start somewhere. 

🌊 🌊 🌊

Amazing blue skies, bright and healthy plants. Children laugh and chase each other as their mother puts up wet clothes to be dried. The clothesline was sturdy so the clipped laundry flew gently. The children that played would sometimes pass by and hide in the sheets...

It was just like any other, peaceful day... at least for that moment it was.

The mother finishes, grabs her basket, and starts to head back inside. But before she took a step, a fairly strong breeze threatened to push her frail figure. Soon that breeze built up to become strong enough to take away the basket in her hands and force her to cling to a nearby tree. The children that were playing peacefully are now screaming and down on the ground, hoping that the wind doesn't decide to carry them.

At the village's harbor, fishermen scrambled everywhere in panic. They ran away in fear once they spotted the dark clouds that quickly travelled towards them. The nature was extremely abnormal, but all the villagers can expect is a strong storm. The tides rose, and the large waves crashed and caused destruction on many islands.

It was happening almost everywhere. What was happening? Why so sudden?

- - -

Hey. Time to wake up.

What..?

Yeah, you. Sea Witch.

Who are they... talking to..?

We're talking to you, idiot.

Your eyes shot open, hoping to meet your insulter. But all they saw was blue.

A deep, and inconsistent kind of blue.

Sea Witch! Time for work!

Your brows furrowed. Who's speaking..? Where... am I?

Oh! We always forget to do the usual introductions! Sea Witches are not common after all... I guess you do need some kind of explanation, huh?

...

Okay! From the top!
You're a Sea Witch and you have a job to do!

- - -

She somehow had an understanding of her situation. The fish and Sea Kings told her about her job as a Sea Witch. She had to make sure the world was on the right and quickest route to the best outcome or fate. What that meant, she wasn't sure, but she knew that every life was valuable. And valuable meaning, in the sense of the how important their actions can be. She also learned that most of the time, she can't interfere with anyone or anything. And that was because the world wasn't supposed to rely on her actions...

Next, she learned about the world and herself. Her name was Tornado D. [f/n]. Her bare body was underwater, specifically deep in some sea. Normally people should've drowned by now, but a Sea King told her to feel around her collarbones. There, she felt her gills, and learned that the Sea Kings have been supporting my body until this moment.

[f/n], now that you're awake, you need to rise to the surface.

The surface..?

She was suddenly sitting on the head of a Sea King, and held on to them as she was brought upwards. The salty waters that surrounded her soon became comfortable, not so pressuring as the deep waters. There she saw a light that stung her eyes. And then, without warning...

The liquid that surrounded her for so long suddenly disappeared. The droplets and her soaked [h/c] locks being the only pieces of the sea that remained. She was kind of shocked, and curious, and scared. A world without the sea? Or... a world with and without the sea? She was confused, lost in thinking.

Now this, is the air. The people you protect depend on this as much as you depend on the sea!

- - -

All these lessons of the world just hurt your brain... and you're supposed to protect all of that? Maybe you want to go back to sleeping again.

People live on land. The land has a lot of things you need to know about. And that... you have to find out yourself.

There the Sea King brought you to the sands of a nearby island. Cautiously, you stood up on your two feet and took a step. You stiffened a bit when you noticed that you sunk a bit.

Sand is soft... so it's uh, like that.

- - -

Everything was confusing, but it all made sense since they all supported each other. [f/n] learned through observation that everything exists for a reason.

Also...

[f/n]! [f/n]! Sea Witch [f/n]!

She turned to find a large fish holding something in its mouth. She walks toward them.

We almost forgot to give you this! It's yours!

She takes it with her hands and examines it. She tilts her head in confusion.

It's a sunhat!

🌊 🌊 🌊