015. RUNAWAY ━ MARINEFORD VISIT

[ Smoker! ♥ ]

when it need be, it's best to flee...

a/n: my writing style has changed a bit, sorry about that. 

also there's approximately 2 more small arcs for [f/n] before we reach Alabasta! I'll try to breeze through them cuz i want to meet robin >.<

🌊 🌊 🌊

WATER 7. GALLEY-LA HQ.

He stands from his desk chair once he heard the news.

"How is she gone?! She can hardly move!"

"I'm not sure, Iceburg-san." She touches her glasses. "But Lucci was the one to report it."

The blue-haired president couldn't help but feel a wide array of negative emotions: confusion, disappointment, sorrow, guilt...

He frustratingly combed his hair with his fingers, and in his mind he was rifling through his thoughts for any sort of answer. He found nothing but memories of her smile, and her oh-so-kind voice. They didn't comfort him now, they were painful. Since there was no note for him to read, he was left feeling that he had done something wrong.

━━━━━━

SOMEWHERE IN THE SEA.

On a certain Marine ship, sat a determined Captain smoking two cigars. He stared at two bounty posters, both with signature hats. Mugiwara and Hiyokebou. The former was his priority, and also the reason why he left Loguetown. And now that you're wanted, he had a reason to capture you. He would even say that you were the same as a pirate.

But he didn't celebrate or jump in joy.

To have two on his mind, one that he is already in pursuit of, and the other an annoyance. It was just his luck to encounter you at Loguetown, and hopefully that was the last time. He'd rather aim for one goal at a time, not multiple. Besides, Mugiwara no Luffy was a pirate that escaped his territory first so he felt responsible for him.

But if he does meet you again, he wouldn't know what to do, and he would have to make a decision on the spot. Though he believed that wouldn't happen anytime soon.

He smoked as he read more of the newspaper in his grasp. The sweet silence provided by his office walls and the calm waves that the ship rode on was comforting, it made it a perfect morning. He was no longer bothered for almost every minute about a pirate's arrival. 

. . . 

. . . 

. . . 

His door abruptly slams open, and he turns to glare at them.

It was Tashigi.

"Smoker-Taisa! I-It's Hiyokebou no [f/n]!"

He stands from his chair and grabs his jitte. He didn't expect to meet you again so quickly, but he couldn't just stand by and do nothing. His thoughts of Mugiwara no Luffy were put on hold.

"Which direction is she coming from?" He asks.

"She's on the ship!"

"WHAT?!"

He runs out of his office and finds you sitting on the edge, surrounded by the weapons of his alarmed men, without any sign of fear. You had a genuine smile on your face that irritated him, but also made him feel strange. It was only yesterday that your bounty was released, and here you are, willingly in the ship of a Marine. He always knew you were a strange woman, but this was exceeding it.