021. INSTRUCTION

[ a/n: hello all, it's been way too long since I've updated (and that goes for all my books agh), but I'm letting you all know that I'm slowly getting back into it! This is kinda like a warm up chapter for me... ]

A Sea Witch rarely follows orders— but if she has to she will.

🌊 🌊 🌊

"Chotto gomen na, ano*... you are [f/n], is that right?"

[ *Excuse me, um ]

His voice breaks you from your tranquility.

You finish your bite before answering, "Yes... Do you need something..?"

He seemed to lean onto the table due to his large stature. "Not exactly. I just haven't introduced myself."

You played with your spoon, not that in the mood to meet more troublesome people. "I already met a red and yellow man. I'm guessing you are the blue?"

He rose a brow, "'Red and yellow man'..? Ah, you mean Sakazuki and Borsalino."

You took another bite.

He sighs. "Anyways, I'm Aokiji— one of the three Admirals— but you can address me as Kuzan. It's a pleasure to meet you."

You huff. "I can't say the same."

Kuzan notes your irritation. "I understand your disagreement. Being forced into a new way of living is harsh for a woman like you; I don't expect you to warm up to the Marines that quickly." His large hand gestures to himself. "But if you need someone to talk to, you can ask for me."

He's still a stranger to you so the chances of that are really low. He may seem kind now, but he could be just like the red and yellow man, perfectly capable of killing you without hesitation. It's only a matter of time until you anger them... Accidentally, of course.

For the rest of the hour they continued to eat in each others' presence, and due to your distrust, no words were exchanged at all. He seemed to take the hint and managed to leave first. You felt a bit guilty about it. 

━━━━━━

MORNING.

You lay on the bed, in the same infuriating room from yesterday. Apparently there was a shortage of rooms due to the amount of Marines stationed in the headquarters; you had no choice but to keep what you were given, no matter how much you despised it. Though you do wish you could get rid of the annoying smell...

Body still and eyes staring at the pale ceiling, you didn't feel like getting up. Today was your first day out of bars and into the service of Justice. It was bound to be a busy day— you wondered what a Marine's morning routine was.

Hygiene and getting dressed must be first, that was obvious to you. Yet something within you was discouraging, or rather, missing. The room's scent would've sent you running like yesterday, but you just felt like... you wanted to stay in bed. Was there any good reason to get up?

You're one of them now, you should have things to do— you felt that you had forgotten something....

grumble grumble...