Part 3

The next day, the inauguration of the new primary school building was organized by the hostel people. Everyone made a perfect queue and waited for the inaugurator to come. When the inaugurator arrived, I could not believe my eyes.

I thought that it might have been because of my glasses. So I cleaned it and tried to look again but no, it was him, Mr. Schofield. When I asked the other senior students about him, they said that he was the founder of the Institution. I was shocked to hear this. I was very sad as I had pictured him as a total desperado in my mind, whereas he was such a wonderful person. Since I was standing at the back, he didn't notice me. The inauguration was over. Everyone was called in the meeting hall, which I saw for the first time. At first Mrs. Danvers delivered the speech which took approximately 30 minutes. No one listened to her still she kept on speaking. After her, Mr. Schofield got the opportunity to speak. His way of speaking was polite but because of his appearance, no one liked him. He ended his speech with very beautiful lines, which were: "Don't study to earn, study to learn. What you learn today is what you become tomorrow." While returning back to the hostel, Mr. Schofield saw me and at that moment I looked at him too. We both gave each other a smile, though the smile that was on my face was terrible, and we parted our ways.

Some months passed by, and everything was customary, until one day. It was the beginning of our vacations and I was returning to San Diego. I was thwarted and glad both at the same time. I would get to meet Trevor as he was also returning from NYC; but I was very depressed as I had to deal with those idiots again. Whatever, I reached my house and was welcomed stunningly. Devin, my youngest brother, threw an old slice of pizza right on my face. All the sauce and toppings fell on my clothes and I was looking like a dupe. But still after that, I kept my calm and told to myself, "I'm here only for a month or so. Don't do something which will ruin your repute." I smiled and went straight to my room.

While looking out from my window, I found something rather strange. Twomen dressed completely in a black costume were staring at my neighbour, Bridget'sroom in an eccentric way. Bridget was one of my best friends in San Diego. Herparents died 2 years ago in a plane crash. So from that moment, she was raisedup by her maternal aunt, Petunia. After Petunia's death, she is living on herown. Since Bridget was a good friend of mine, I was curious to know that whatthe two men were doing near her house. As I had a closer look, I found one ofthem taking off his mask. I found the face very known to me. I tried to stressmy brain and remember. After a long time, I recognized him. He was the P.A. ofMr. Schofield. During the inauguration ceremony, he was helping Mrs. Danvers alot. That was the reason why I remembered his face. But what was he doing therein San Diego? Why was he staring Bridget? Who was the other man standing with him? So many questions came in my mind but I did not know any of the answers. I was now a little worried for her. But Mom called me for lunch, and I could not know more about the matter. During the lunch, I was still thinking about Bridget. But I forgot those all when Martin, the one who was two years older than Devin, spitted out the hot boiling milk over my face. I could not resist myself to yell at him.