Part 13

He went back to the crime scene. I couldn't do anything else except for weeping. I was so devastated that I fell on my knees and buried my face in my hands. Why was this all happening to ME? What if I would have never been onto that flight? What if I would have never left San Diego? What if I NEVER MET MR. SUSPICIOUS? It was useless thinking 'bout what ifs.

"Hey, what happened to you? Are you okay?" I heard Cole's voice reaching near to me. "What happened? Why are you crying? I knew from the beginning that Mr. Morales was not a reliable man. What did he say to you?" I wiped my face and tried to get up on my feet. Of course Cole gave me a hand. "No, it's not what you think, Cole. It's nothing." and I went away. I had never lied to Cole, but this time, I had to, just because of Mr. Fake.

On the way, I was stopped by Penelope. I couldn't understand how to talk to her because I suspected her as the murderer. She said, "Where were you Becky? I've been searching you everywhere." "I was in the garden. Why were you looking for me by the way?" I asked. "Oh, actually I needed some suggestions for my new project. The architectural design has to be the best from our company. You know what? Never ever be an engineer. At first you'll enjoy the job very much, but then later on, uhh, you will be under tension every time. But you can still have fun being an engineer." she chuckled. "Umm... I forgot to tell you I am not free today. I am going with Cole and the investigation team for some work. I am really sorry Pen." I told her the truth because I was feeling very uncomfortable talking to her. "Okay, some other day maybe?" "Yeah, sure." and I went to Cole's house.

"Cole, I need to tell you something."

"Umm, yeah, sure. Tell me what is it?"

It took nearly an hour to explain everything from the beginning. He listened to my problems and difficulties, and said, "I'm sorry but it doesn't feel right."

"What? Why? What do you mean?"

"You'll understand it. But I want to tell you one more thing. Trust Mr. Morales. He is not wrong."

"Wait you know him?"

He took a deep breath and said, "Yes, now that you know everything, I need to tell you something too. I know him for like a year now. I'll explain you everything later on but for now, just please do as he's saying."

"But you had a doubt on Mr. Morales right? Why didn't you tell me before?" 

"I told you, I'll explain everything later. For now, do as he says."