Part 9

Finally, I recognized him. He was the other guy with Mr. Schofield's assistant in front of Bridget's house. But how could he be the investigator when it seemed like he was not with good intentions? Maybe he was there because of some other inquiry. Then what about that P.A.? What was he? God! I wish I could not use my complete brain on these absurd things.

Although he was quite doubtful, I did not pay much attention to him. It seemed that he was trying to avoid eye contact with me, maybe because of two reasons; the first one of which is that maybe I had recognized him. The second reason was because I could recognize him.

The next day, the in-charge of this investigation was about to arrive. I saw that all the men in our neighbourhood were waiting for his arrival. Maybe he was a very popular investigator that's why such a big welcome was arranged for him. He (the investigator) was about to get down from the car but before he could open the door himself, everyone went to open the door for him. The moment he got down of his car he got a really 'GRAND' welcome which was generally received by famous celebrities.

This time I was not able to believe what my eyes were seeing, that the main in- charge of this investigation was none other than 'MR. BRADFOLD SCHOFIELD' or 'MR. HARVEY PFEIFFER'. Also to add some extra curiosity in my head, I got to know that his name was 'Theodore Morales'. I somehow managed to hold still as I grabbed Cole's hand. I didn't know what was happening with me. Another name? The man is totally fake or what? But I still could not understand one thing. How? How could a man be possibly the founder of an institution, a prisoner and an investigator all at the same time? I felt like my head was spinning like a Ferris wheel, and I knew that he would notice me somehow, which happened shortly. He gave his terrible but pleasing smile to me, trying to indicate that he recognized me. He was taken to Uncle Paul's house as his house was big and relaxing, all for the comfort of the in-charge. But I was surprised at a thing that he didn't walk noisily now. He kind of walked like an investigator (which he was then).

While I was lost in my thoughts, Mr. Cynical suddenly called me. I was scared like hell at that moment. But I also knew that if he is disheartened, my neighbours and Dad would just kill me. So I stood up and walked to him. My heartbeat increased 20 times than normal. I couldn't understand how I will talk to him. I mean what if I get nervous and make a fool of myself again in front of him? I didn't get much time to think what all I should say as he held my hand and took me to the garden. I didn't scream or shout along the way because he held my wrist softly and didn't force me to go the garden.