5- Gunner (EDITED)

Aria's been quite a bit edgy for days. And whenever I ask what's on her mind or if something is wrong, her response is always nothing. I don't blame Aria if she's feeling stressed because of what she's been dealing with lately and how it could be causing her edginess. Reasons being how Neron's been working her harder than ever, how much a handful Walter has been, and how crabby Wyatt's been due to his teething.

But if these aren't the reasons, I wish she'd talk to me about it. I'd like her to tell me if something was bothering her so I could help her. However, there is one thing I've learned about Aria, and that is whenever she's in a mood like she is now, she wants you to back off and let her be.

Sometimes I do, and sometimes I refuse to let her be. Only because when I don't, I get great satisfaction from her feistiness when she drags me into the ring and has her way with me. And that is because I enjoy being used as her pawn-seeing what kind of punches she can throw at me. It's my way of seeing the muscles she's worked hard to achieve come to light. And to experience what her challenger will feel by her punch.

It also brings me great joy to experience her accomplishments with her strength and quickness, including all the new moves she's learned and mastered that she wishes to use on her challengers.

And for days, I've tried everything to get her to take me up in the ring so I could get her to admit whatever's been living rent-free in her mind, but she hasn't taken any of the bait I've thrown at her. But after much thought, I think I've figured out how to get her to spill the beans.

I stepped into the garage and then stopped when I got to my bike. I folded my arms against my chest and stared at it while thinking about the last time I had it on the road, and the more I thought about it, I realized that it had been quite a few months since I last had it out of the garage. And now the itch to take it for a ride worsened after seeing how beautiful the weather was.

Now, if only I could get Aria to get on the bike and go for a ride with me.

Since Wyatt was born, Aria has used numerous excuses for not getting on the back of my bike. Her reasons are always that she's too busy taking care of Wyatt, taking care of Walter, working out, or that she's way too busy training to become the next Amanda 'The Lioness' Nunes or 'Rowdy' Ronda Rousey.

I was in her shoes once, and I thought the same as her, so I understand she wants to be the best of the best, but lately, it seems she never wants to do anything with me anymore, and it worries me.

Well, I can't complain about our sex life because that's never changed; my complaint is trying to get her to ride with me on my motorcycle-alone time with my wife, doing things we used to do before Wyatt was born and before Walter moved in with us.

As I looked at my bike, thinking about the good times, I smiled after memories of when I first got Aria on the back and how nervous and scared she was. So with all her recent excuses for not getting back on the bike, I wonder if she's feeling the same feelings she used to before I finally talked her into getting on and is now scared to get on it.

And now's the time to find out...

I walked back into the house and to Aria sitting on the floor playing with Wyatt. I sat next to her, draped my arm over her shoulder, then squeezed her tighter against me while looking at Wyatt. "What are your plans for the day?"

Her head rested on my shoulder, and as I looked down at her, her eyes flickered up to mine. "Same plans as always. Why?"

I lowered my mouth to hers, feather kissing her beautiful lips, then grinned-smiling that award-winning smile I knew always worked on her. The one that would cause her to melt into me. And the one that always got her falling into my charm. "I think you should call Justin and Nikki to see if they could watch their nephew for the day so we can have some alone time finally. Don't just ask; I want you to insist that they do," I politely encouraged, yet with a hint of begging in my tone.