12- Gunner (EDITED)

"Good luck, hun," I said, peeking my head through the door and interrupting Neron's time with Aria.

"Thanks, Gunner."

Neron turned around and, looking angry with me, he scowled, "Go sit down. I'm trying to explain to Aria how her challenger fights. And I can't do that when you're interrupting us. So now, go sit in your damn seat."

I laughed, shook my head, and smiled. "Some things never change."

"Yeah, well, things will change if you keep interrupting me."

Without hesitation and a grin, I closed the door and then headed down the narrow hallway—the hallway full of memories. Seeing Aria in the room with Neron talking to her and walking down this hallway brought back memories from when I last fought here ten years ago. My father was here, and he did the same as I—interrupting Neron's prep talk and Neron snapping at my father to leave the room.

I'm not sure what it is about this place, but I have never won a match here, so I hope Aria can break the bad luck this arena brings.

I sat in my seat between Walter and Nikki. And as I leaned back in my chair, Walter had me choking when he asked, "Were you able to give Aria the ole purple helmeted love warrior?"

I lowered my head and covered my face, not wanting him to see me finding humor in his question. "No, Walter. I did not go back there to give her my dick," I laughed, choking as I spoke.

"Such a disappointment you are. Did you know the key to bringing in luck on winning is by having sex?"

I turned my head, facing Nikki, and smirked while pointing at Walter. "Can you believe this guy? Don't listen to him; he doesn't know what he's talking about."

Walter smacked my arm. "Don't lie to her. You all know I'm right. Sex is the key to everything. It slashes stress levels and reduces anxiety. Something that's needed before a big fight such as this one."

I disagreed and turned back to Walter. "According to the greatest fighter of all time, Muhammad Ali refused to have sex six weeks before his fight. He felt it made you tired and weaker. He also thought it weakens you mentally."

A disappointed look appeared on Walter's face, and he waved his hand across his face.

Pfft. Walter huffed.

"I'm going to disagree with him. He didn't know what he was talking about. Besides, who would you rather listen to? Muhammad Ali, or me?"

I wasn't about to sit here and argue with Walter. So, knowing Nikki has never been to one of Aria's fights, I turned to her, smiling, "So. Are you excited to be here and watch Aria take this woman down? I know she's extremely excited that you finally decided to be here for her support."

Nikki's expression on her face didn't go unnoticed—the look of worry. She sat in her chair, looking forward, twiddling her fingers while staring at the ring in front of us. "I am, but I'm a little nervous for her. I still can't get over that she's doing this now."

I draped my arm around her shoulder and pulled her to me. "Relax, Aria will do fine. And if it makes you feel any better. I can't get over it either. I never expected the love of my life to enjoy taking hits to her face, either. But she's her own person and feels the need to show everyone she's not the person she once imposter'd for so many years."

"I feel terrible that Justin is missing this. I know how badly he wanted to be here."

I chuckled. "Why feel guilty? Justin was the one who offered to watch Wyatt, insisting that you be the one to come here tonight."