16- Aria (EDITED )

"I'm not sure how long Justin plans on keeping me away today, so until I get home, I'd like you to please follow this list I have written out, and please follow my instructions to a T—his feeding times, what I'd like him to eat at each time, and how much of each one." I pointed, sliding my finger down and up the paper. "And whatever you do, don't you dare screw up Wyatt's feeding time. Got it?" I instructed, sliding the jar of foods I wanted Wyatt to have next to my instructions.

"Yes, ma'am," Gunner replied, saluting me.

"I'm serious," I said, raising eyebrows. "Unless you want to deal with a crabby boy, do what you want. Just know when I get home and if I see Wyatt's cranky. He'll be all yours for the rest of the day, including overnight."

"Yes, Mama Bear. Don't worry, Wyatt and I will be just fine," Gunner assured. I'm sure they'll be fine. It's just that Wyatt's finally in a good mood, and I'd hate to have him back to the irritable, sullen state of mind that was causing me to become emotional myself—testing my sanity.

"What if this Casanova boy toy of yours screws up my feeding time?" Walter asked, a serious look on his face.

I giggled. I don't know why Walter suddenly started calling Gunner Casanova, but it cracks me up. "I'm sure that won't happen. I know how demanding you get when you're hungry, Walter. You're similar to Wyatt when he's hungry."

"I resemble that remark," Walter grinned, knowing my statement's true.

I looked from Walter to Gunner, assuring, "You'll all be fine."

"So will you," Walter mumbled, confusing me with his remark.

"I will be what, Walter?" I asked, looking back at him. What does he mean, I'll be fine?

"I didn't say anything." He looked at Gunner and arched his bushy brow. "Did I say something?"

Gunner's head shook. "I didn't hear anything."

"You're both liars. I heard him plain as day. Walter said, so will you," I challenged, planting my hands on my hips and looking back and forth from Gunner to Walter. Since both of them had entered the room, they'd acted strangely. "What are you two up to now? Are you planning on getting drunk again while I'm gone?"

"I wish," Walter breathed. "I enjoyed getting drunk the other night with Mr. Casanova over there," he grinned. "It brought me back to my younger years." He paused, looked up at the ceiling, and in awe, he said with a smile. "Those were the days..."

"Walter..."

"Aria..." he mocked back. "Don't you stand there looking at us like we're a bunch of fools. We're not dumb, and we're not irresponsible men. So why would you think we'd get drunk while taking care of a youngin?"

"I know you're not stupid, and I know you're not irresponsible, so I didn't think you two would do such a thing. But it doesn't stop the fact that I can still see that you both have something hiding up your sleeves."

Walter raised his arms, asking, "What sleeves? I have a t-shirt on," he grinned, thinking he was being funny.

"I have nothing up my sleeve. The only thing I have planned for today is teaching the kid some fighting moves." Gunner grinned, raising his fists and throwing punches in the air. "That way, when you piss off Wyatt, he'll be able to show you what he thinks of it," he chuckled.

My brows furrowed.

"I'm kidding. I'm kidding," Gunner pleaded with his hands up, palms facing me. "You have nothing to worry about. Trust us."

I sighed. I know Walter and Gunner are up to something. I just wish I knew what it was.

Justin walked in and sat down at the table. He was quieter than usual, and he looked nervous. "Are you okay?" I asked, handing Wyatt over to Gunner.