Chapter 1

"Dance with me, my darling!" Garcia giggled softly, her soft blonde hair sticking to her pale skin under the unforgiving lights of the bar as she danced with [Y/N] Reid. The girls, both of which were dancing - if their moving bodies could even be called that - were not the most sober. However, [Y/N] couldn't let off that she was inebriated, being that she had just barely turned 18 a few months prior to this interaction. Given, with her brother being an agent with the BAU, she wasn't too concerned with what would happen if the local bartender happened to notice that she was being slipped a few drinks by Garcia and Prentiss when they went back to the booth that had been declared as theirs since they showed up a few hours ago. The two girls made their way back to the booth, their breath coming in slightly short pants from the rigorous dance floor activity they'd been at for the better part of ten minutes. Almost immediately, Penelope was whisked away by Derek, leaving [Y/N] alone with Emily, and JJ.

"Ahh! Don't let Spencer see the shots. He'll forsure cut off the system we have going." [Y/N] smiled brightly, her perfect teeth being the product of years of braces that had made her previous teen years a little harder than they ought to have been - but how easy could they have been when she was graduating high school when most kids her age were just starting their journey through the 'best years' of their lives. [Y/N], like her older brother, carried on the child prodigy legacy for the Reid name.

"Come on, he's not even paying attention. He's making sure that Morgan and Garcia aren't going to get kicked out for public indecency." JJ smiled, looking at the younger Reid with a caring smile. She was [Y/N]'s age once, and truly didn't mind supplying her with alcohol, plus they had Spencer's blessing. Like water, the shots went down between the girls, all of them scrunching up their faces as they chased the shots with some limes.

"Hotch!" An excited squeal came from Garcia as she saw her boss walk in, Rossi behind him. They had obviously just gotten off from doing paperwork back at the BAU if their suits and slightly astray ties were any indicator. [Y/N] looked up from her space between Emily and JJ, watching the two older men walk towards the booth that everyone was beginning to congregate around. With pleasant greetings being passed between the familiar team, all eyes fell onto [Y/N]. As she opened her mouth to introduce herself, Spencer stepped in.

"Hotch, Rossi, this is my little sister, [Y/N]. She just got her masters in history and anthropology, so we're all out to celebrate her tonight!" He said with a wide smile and pride in his voice. There was no doubt that his little sister was his pride and joy, he knew they were all too similar and made sure that she didn't have to go through the trials and tribulations that he did with the label of being a child prodigy.

"Speeencer!" [Y/N] laughed softly, "It's nothing that exciting.. Not until I've got four PhDs under my belt, that is." She teased her brother happily, reaching out to shake Dave's hand before she turned towards Aaron. "It's nice to meet you, Hotch," She smiled softly, her eyes meeting his as their hands connected.

"Please, call me Aaron," The stoic man uncharacteristically smiled, his eyes doing her a quick, almost unnoticeable, once over.

"Aaron.." She unabashedly smiled, testing his name on her tongue. And to Aaron, it was almost sinful how her lips made his name sound.

"Now, we're over the pleasantries," Derek grinned, "we just ended a case and we've got a baby genius to celebrate! Let's drink!"

His words sparked chuckles and soft giggles, Spencer sending [Y/N] a knowing look to enjoy herself, but not to get too drunk. Especially now that his boss was in attendance, and since she was not of drinking age. She nodded silently in understanding before grabbing a beer that she knew she would have to nurse for the remainder of the night in order to comply with her brother's wishes.

See, though. The thing was, all the intelligence and IQ points in the world couldn't stop [Y/N] from making relatively dumb decisions when she was out with the girls of the BAU on nights like tonight. Between the terribly sung karaoke, the less-than innocent dancing, and flirting done between them, it was enough to make Spencer decide she would definitely be cut off from drinking for the next few outings, and it was also enough to catch the eye of the resident pretend-to-be-impartial man of the BAU. It's not that he could place his finger on it, it's just that.. [Y/N] caught his attention, and God, were skirts that short even legal? Certainly his curiosity about the young girl in the skirt could not possibly be legal. And here she was, the young girl walking straight towards him with a bashful smile that should, without a doubt, be illegal.

"Hot- Aaron," she beamed at him, ignoring the warning gaze she received from her older brother. However, she had the older man's full attention. "I was told to come over here due to a problem," she said with utmost confidence, causing Aaron to raise his eyebrow and chuckle, urging her to continue. "It was brought to my attention that you were invited to a team party next weekend and had to decline because you're.." she looked back at the group consisting of Derek, Penelope, JJ, and Emily, all mouthing words at her. "Sister? In law?" she furrowed her brows, before her inebriated mind had a light bulb moment. "Oh! Sister-in-law! She can't watch Jack. But that makes Penelope really upset because she put a lot of work into the party and so! I can watch Jack." She smiled brightly. "Now, I know you're a good Dad and don't want to leave him in the care of just anyone, so, I was thinking that we could meet up, outside of a bar setting, of course, and you can decide whether or not you'd be comfortable with it?" And for someone so under the influence, she surely was making pretty good ideas for Aaron to ponder over.

"Um, yeah. We can definitely do that. Let's say, you come to the BAU tomorrow and we can discuss it?" He asked, cracking the tiniest smile when she nodded eagerly.

With that, [Y/N] made her way back into the crowd, leaving behind her brother's boss with a strange feeling creeping up through his veins and into his chest. He hadn't quite felt this way since.. Well, since he was in high school, crushing over the girl that would eventually become his wife.