Chapter 7

Week twelve of the academy came with the start of working on case exercises. [Y/N], fortunately, excelled here without even trying. Not only had she talked to Spencer on the phone before when he was working on cases and helping him connect dots - all the while doing her homework for her college classes - but she had also spoken to her brother about building profiles based on the evidence that came up during the cases he worked on. She wouldn't say she had an unfair advantage on this section of the academy, but she certainly had a headstart on working on cases.

"I'd say that based on the evidence in the case file, we're looking at a textbook narcissist that needs to feel in control of every aspect of what he's doing, and that probably stemmed from childhood trauma caused by his mother or a mother-figure that was involved in raising him. That's why his victims are all white, blonde hair, blue eyed women in their mid-forties. This abuse was his stressor, and they're all surrogates for the woman that abused him, and he's controlling every detail down to their death because he's compensating for the control he never had as a child, the control that his true target took away from him. I'm willing to bet that if we find who he is, we'll see that his trigger is the death of this woman, and that's what sent him off the deep end," [Y/N] explained to her group of peers, the instructor watching in the back of the room. She was a natural, having delivered what could almost be a variable profile if she were giving it to a local police department.

"And how do you even know this?" Amy huffed in annoyance, staring at the girl in the front of the room with an icy expression.

"It's in the evidence, you just have to read into it. Plus, he's a textbook serial killer. It's in chapter nineteen of our book, which was assigned to us for our required reading," [Y/N] shrugged, taking her seat once more at the other end of the classroom. This only furthered Amy's anger at [Y/N]. There was palpable hatred that spewed from Amy, and this made her work sloppy. Her and her clique were always so focused on trying to make [Y/N]'s life a living hell that it would affect their work ethic and their training in the academy.

~

[Y/N] absolutely excelled in the next four weeks of case exercises, enough that she was being recruited even more vigorously by other units inside the Bureau, despite Aaron having told them that he had full intentions of offering the young Reid a permanent position within the BAU after her probationary period that would be spent under her older brother.

However, due to this special interest in [Y/N] Reid, the bullying within the academy only became worse for her. It seemed that every time she would impress their instructor and the various visiting Unit Chiefs, she would /accidentally/ get shoved down in the showers, her clothes would come up missing from her locker, water and various other substances would get poured over her sheets in her cot. It was becoming a lot for [Y/N] to handle. She had never really been bullied before, not like Spencer had been, atleast. She was used to being the outcast due to her age, but she always found a way to fit in with her peers. The academy, however, was just not accepting of her. It seemed like she had no one on her side, and truthfully, it was starting to make her go crazy. It wasn't that she felt the dying need to fit in, it's just that she didn't ever not have friends, or her brother, and at this point in time, she didn't have any friends, and she hadn't seen her brother in a few weeks. It was enough to make her mental health go down, and mixed with her giving her absolute all to the courses in the academy, she was due for a break down any moment now.

~

[Y/N] stared at herself in the mirror inside of the bathroom, she had locked the door behind her to ensure no one else would follow her in, though that had never worked for her before anyway. With a heavy sigh, she gripped the edges of the mirror, trying to take deep breaths to push away the anxiety attack she felt coming on. In the past few weeks, she had been getting minor anxiety attacks, but she wouldn't let her instructors know the situation she was in. She had less than five weeks left at the academy, and if she wanted to do her best, she had to make sure everyone thought she was at her best.