Chapter 9

This was it, this was [Y/N]'s final PT test, the last part of her time in the academy. She had just finished the academic test, which she knew she had just gotten the second perfect score in the history of the academy - the first being her brother - and she qualified perfectly during her firearms test, hitting the target with accuracy and precision. She slid her hand behind herself, lifting her calf as she stretched it out. The instructors had purposely planned the PT test to be just five minutes after the academic test, knowing the recruits would already be exhausted, and would have to push themselves as hard as they could to pass their physical test. She stretched out her calves, inhaling deeply as she tried to calm her mind and her breathing, both of which were racing with the adrenaline coursing through her veins. She was ready, she was so ready to pass this test and graduate from the academy. There wasn't any news yet who the honor grad would be, but [Y/N] didn't let that deter how she would perform until the very last minute.

Her and the others were rounded up, quite a few of the SSAs and other agents from other units were standing on the sidelines - it was like a show for them to watch the recruits go through, arguably, the toughest test of the entire training course the academy gave to the recruits. She took her place at the start line, her body high strung as she waited for the whistle, and when she heard it, she took off. Immediately, she heard cheering from the agents watching from the sidelines.

She was focused, her arms and legs pumping rhythmically as she set a fast pace to complete her mile, knowing she would have to conserve her energy to get through the pushups, situps, pullups, and the obstacle course. By God, she felt surprisingly great. The cheers faded out from around her, her mind only focusing on her goal, which was four laps around the track of the academy. Within six and a half minutes, the girl was completing her mile, immediately jogging over to the area where she would be tested for her other physical activities before she would be taken to the obstacle course.

She was going at an insane pace, pumping out pushups like she had been born doing them, and the same could be said for her sit-ups and pullups. She was by far in first place in not only her unit, but she was the overall first place of the recruits.

When she came to the obstacle course, she paused only for the briefest moments, taking in the various obstacles before she got to work. She cleared the rope net, climbing it with practiced ease before running the wooden wall, grabbing the dummy doll that represented a fellow agent in the field that she needed to get over the wall with herself, she tied the dummy's wrists and ankles with a rope before heaving it over her shoulders, feeding her arms through the holes created with the rope before she scaled the wooden wall, huffing and puffing as she dropped down on the other side. Only a few more obstacles were in her way and her graduation at this point.

[Y/N] ran to the standing dummies used for hand-to-hand combat, easily taking them down in almost expertly lethal ways. She made her way to the house she needed to clear, doing it with precision before she finished off the last tasks she had to do. When she realized she was done, she collapsed onto the ground, starfishing on the damp grass as she began to catch her breath.

She was done. Done. She did it. Twenty weeks of Hell and she just finished her entire PT test within twenty minutes, which was one of - if not the top - fastest times it had ever been completed. Not to mention, not that she knew yet, she got a perfect score, which had yet to be done ever before. [Y/N] sat up, running her hands through her sweaty hair as she saw her fellow recruits finally starting to pile in at the finish, nearly ten minutes after she had completed the course.

"[Y/N]!" She heard her name being called, she turned her head, smiling brightly as she saw her brother actually running towards her. She jumped to her feet and met him halfway, jumping into his arms as she hugged him tightly, the rest of the BAU following in his lead as they wrapped her up in a bearhug, telling her how amazing she had done, and praising her for her hard work.

She couldn't help it as she began crying, the realization that she had busted her ass for twenty weeks finally catching up with her. She was going to be an agent. She actually did it. The team moved away, her brother still keeping her close as Derek went off into a spiel about how there was no possible way he could have beat /his/ time doing the PT test, but they all knew that she had done it. He was just teasing.

"Reid. Or should I say, probationary Agent Reid," A voice came from behind them, the small girl turning to lock eyes with Aaron. She couldn't help but to beam up at him brightly, knowing it would be way too inappropriate of a setting to hug him, scream about how happy she was that she was finally graduating and getting to join the BAU for her probationary period. "Good work out there. I was just with the instructors, and well, what you did out there is unprecedented, no matter what Agent Morgan says."

"Thank you so much, sir!" She smiled happily, taking his outreached hand to shake it. She hated to admit it, but there was no denying the spark that happened between them whenever they touched one another, even in the simplest of ways. "I.. I should go get ready for graduation.. It's only in a few hours." She said, keeping eye contact with Aaron, although she was speaking to the entire group. With a nod of approval from them, she kissed Spencer's cheek and hugged them all once more before making her way back to the dorms where she showered and changed into her graduation uniform.

This was happening. She was about to officially be an FBI agent.