Chapter Twenty Two: More Than Friends?

You turned around to face him. He looked confused at first, but almost had this sudden realization. You could literally see the gears shifting in his brain processing the thought.

"Call Hotch I'll fill in Garcia, good job Y/N. I'm impressed." Spencer quickly shuffled back to Garcia. Whipping out your flip phone, you dialed Hotch's number.

"Hotch, i think the unsubs a woman. That's the reason why there's no torture or rape on the victims. Woman killers like this don't get any sexual gratification. She most likely is targeting people who remind her of someone from a recent event. Maybe an ex boyfriend of some sort or and enemy."

"That's great work Y/L/N. We are still doing crime scenes and working on the victim board."

"Sounds good Hotch, I'll call you if me and Spencer have more information."

"Wait Y/L/N, I heard about Saturday night. I know when you all go out things can get little wild. If there's anything that happened that night I should know about, I want you to know you can inform me. I can't have my agents getting into trouble with each other outside of work. Those things I take very seriously. Did something happen that i should know about?" Hotch's tone shifted while saying this. He usually sounded like the typical drill Sargent, but this was different. His voice was especially stern and even more serious than usual.

Did someone from the team see you and Spencer sneaking off to that room? Did someone see you and Emily make out on the dance floor? Was it really the sweater? For the time being Y/N, just lie.

Deny, deny, deny.

" Off the top of my head, no Hotch. Everyone just was out for a good time. You know if anything were to happen, I would happily tell you."

"That's what i can only hope Y/N." Hotch finished, hanging up the phone.

You could sense he might have some idea of what's going on. It's definitely not "Y/N and Reid are having sex and exploring BDSM together". It's also not "Y/N and Reid are just friends". Something in between had to be what he was getting from this. Or your just reaching to far once again, just don't think anything of it for now. If it comes up again, that's when you should start to worry.
.....

The rest of work was just you and Spencer talking about future victims and tweaking the profile. You both ended up with a white female in her late 20s to early 30s. She was a psychopath and doesn't get anything sexual out of the kills. That was enough work on serial killers though to have you practically falling asleep at your desk.

" We should be heading home Y/N, the team wont be back for a while and we should get some rest. Ill drive you home." Spencer yawned, collecting the last of this things.

" That sounds like a plan to me." You could feel you head slipping out of your palm as your elbow rested on your desk. Searching for the clock on your desk, it read 9:00. It was only 9pm?! How were you and Spencer already so exhausted? It's probably for the best to get home.

Grabbing your purse and go bag to bring home, you clocked out with Garcia, giving her the biggest hug in the parking lot to say goodbye. The rest of the team was still out traveling to separate crime scenes, Emily keeping an eye on Interpol .

Arriving to Spencer's car parked out front, sitting in his front row seat, you saw him start the car once again.

"Spencer?" You asked as the engine started, allowing him to pull out of the spot he was parked in.

"Yes?" His eyes focusing on the road ahead as he spoke, you quickly responded.

"Where do we go from here? We have been doing this for a while now and I'm just confused. I want to keep doing this with you, its just, what will happen from here on out?" Playing with the hem of Spencer's sweater as you spoke, his eyes still on the road, you could slightly see him shooting you small glances.

"I keep exploring your interests with you. I want you to be aware of the things you enjoy from others and the things you enjoy inflicting upon others. This is all about both of us discovering ourselves and out limits between pain and pleasure. I have some new things I am willing to try with you another time if your interested . I believe its something you may fairly enjoy based on the way you reacted to things similar to it, but I can't speak on your behalf." Spencer explained as he stopped at the bright red light ahead.

"Having someone like you help me with self discovery make me more comfortable, it just feels weird at times." Right as you said this, Spencer's eyes darted at you.

"Does it feel weird because we work together? I don't totally mind the idea of being abele to see you everyday." You could still feel Spencer's eyes on you, one hand on the wheel and the other resting on the central console.

" It's also just the fact that someone could always find out about us, like that night at the club with the team. If anybody even caught a glimpse of us going into that room together, one of us would be fired of have to resign. It just worries me sometimes, that's all."

" Me too Y/N, I don't want either one of us to lose our jobs because of this. The whole reason I'm actually helping you out with this is because I do already know you, I know your not the type to tell anyone about this. It also helps I do find you attractive. Not only by your looks, but the way you act and present yourself. It's very intriguing."

Did Spencer really just say he was attracted to you? I mean, you couldn't blame him. Every time you met someone new they would always say you had an attractive personality. It was either because you are an overall mysterious person or just the way you acted. Sure, everyone at work knew who you were and what you liked, but other than that you kept to yourself. The only people you really opened up to at work in the last 2 years were Emily and Spencer, Emily you had just made out with the other night. Spencer, well, you already knew that story.

"I'm just glade I have a friend I feel comfortable talking to and trust with this." Feeling your hand gravitating towards him on the console, he swiftly moved it to the steering wheel before you could even get close. A look of despair and defeat fell upon his face. Was Spencer hurt by what you had said? Did he really want to be more than that? You knew you couldn't be with him, the urge was just overbearing.

"Back to what you mentioned before, I am willing to try things as long as I'm aware of what's going on and what is going to happen. I always want to be on the same page with you Spencer. If you wouldn't mind sending me some links on the ideas you have, that would be great."

"Of course Y/N, I agree." His face still had that disappointed look on it while still keeping his eyes on the road, making the right turn into your complex.

"See you at work tomorrow Spencer." Making your way to the entrance of your main lobby as Spencer unloaded his go bag from his trunk.

"See you tomorrow Y/N." He waved his hand at you to say goodbye, you did the same.

You just had to many crazy thoughts filling your head as you moved to the elevator. First, the thought of Hotch knowing somethings going on between you and Spencer made you feel a little but more anxious about going to work this week. Second, was Spencer really upset about what you said? Spencer wasn't usually the type to fall for people that easily, he's smarter than that. You didn't want to hurt his feelings, but you could tell by the look on his face that you both knew-

"we could not be together."