Three

Yes, I knew of this crush on me.

She told me as much.

And of course, I knew of her and found her to be very, very pretty. There are many beautiful women in our industry, but I had to admit that I was always, always taken by her smile.

I found out later on she had pretty hands, too.

I don't even need to get into much detail about her work. I like everything from her drama to her foray into action.

So I did have a "crush" on her like any proper fan.

When we were seated beside each other at that awards show, it took sheer will to not stare. I could not believe I was finally this close to her. Such a beautiful face, I thought. I did not allow myself to look any lower because that dress was dangerous. In a good way, but the media would have had a field day if they caught me staring inappropriately. So, I kept my eyes on the stage.

Later on, I would look at the photos and regret not talking to her when I had that chance.

Luckily, I got the chance again.

I always tease her that I want to do something like her Pirates role if we were given the chance to again.

"Let's be enemies again but let's have an action scene this time," I suggested.

"Sure. I want to be the bad guy."

"Can you go through a movie without smiling?"

"Yes. Let's try. Let's go through this day without me smiling at you."

It was hell. But she did it. Even when I told her the most stupid jokes and I think I would be able to break her barrier, she would square her shoulders, give me a piercing glare and say, "Ha ha ha."

I doubled over in laughter but I never saw her break until I begged her to end the game. Nerves of steel that one.

For our movie, in all honesty, her consideration of the project was a big factor for me to accept, but I also liked the role very much. It was different for both of us and I was excited to see if we could pull it off.

I already held her in high regard, but her performance there blew me away. In some aspects, I think the movie does not truly capture how good she is even if the performance is already great but you definitely see much from behind-the-scenes.

Jin, the director and I would go out and talk about the scenes and how we wanted to execute it, how we envisioned it. At times when we would be out often and late, she would remind me, "Hey, your girlfriend might not appreciate this. Shouldn't you be spending time with her? Director and I take up a lot of time, we're sorry."

"No, that's okay," I would assure her. "I spoke to her earlier and let her know."

Don't get me wrong, I did not neglect my relationship but I also did not want to neglect work. As much fun as I had hanging out with Jin and Director Lee, that was primarily work related. It was just a good bonus that I got good friendships out of it.

Truth is, my relationship was already in trouble then but out of respect to her, I did not want to disclose it to anyone. Our lives were still private in spite us being public figures, and while I was close with Jin, I didn't feel comfortable sharing that part.

She would pick up on some of my moods though. There were days when I was a little more pensive than usual and she would ask, "Care to share what you're thinking about?"

"Not really. Personal troubles," I would give her a shrug and a half smile and go back to reading my script.

"I see. As an Inspector, you know I can solve this mystery, don't you?"

I'd smile at the reference to our movie but say nothing.

She would then pat me on the back. "I hope it gets resolved for the best soon, Bin-ssi." Then, she would quickly shift to work so as not to make it uncomfortable. "I think we need to shoot this scene again." She proceeds to show me a shot of me with the pretend hostages.

"Huh? Why? Did I not do it well?"

"Dialogue and emotions were perfect."

"Then, what? Tell me, Actress Son."

"You're too cute."

I frowned and asked her to repeat in case I misheard. "Excuse me?"

"Look. Look at this shot," she showed me a clip. "You a terrible person here, killing people and taking innocents hostage. But look at the way you're seated and staring at the monitor. This is not a magazine cover shoot, Bin-ssi."

I chuckled. "If you think this needs a re-shoot, fine. We should also re-shoot all your scenes then. Each one just shows how smooth your skin is, this is not an endorsement shoot, Actress Son."

She laughed hard then. "Good comeback, Bin-ssi. Let's leave the troubles to Director Lee then, shall we?"

As you could see, Director Lee failed. Jin still looked beautiful in all the shots. Effective actress and pretend negotiator, but very very pretty.

My phone beeped. It was Jin's Manager, sending over a photo of Jinnie sleeping in the seat. She's following your advice and resting.

I examined the photo closely then called her manager, "May I please speak to her?"

There was a pause. "But...uh... she's sleeping."

"She's not."

I heard some shuffling then finally, Jin's voice came in. "Hello, Bin-ssi."

"Why aren't you resting?"

"You called, of course I had to wake up."

I let out an exasperated breath. "For such great actress, you are a terrible liar."

She chuckled. "Fine. I will. I will. I'll try to sleep when we end this call."

"Good. I have to go, we're shooting again soon."

"Sure. Send me a picture of your face later. I think I may have forgotten already."

I proceeded to take a selca and sent it to her with the caption: Don't forget this face. He's the guy who'll beat you in golf again and you'll treat him to lunch.

She replied: Hah! I've been practicing. I'll win and you'll owe me 3 meals that day.

Deal. You'll still lose though.

No I won't.

Jin-ssi, SLEEP.

True to form, she had to have the last word. She replied: zzzzzz