Epilogue

It was a very short engagement.

We told our parents' officially that Christmas that Ye Jin had accepted. Still desperately valuing our privacy, we published a joint letter through our agencies before the New Year came in telling the public that we were immensely grateful for the well wishes and the support but that we wished to keep this out of the public eye. 

Also, during that time, we decided to have a very small wedding. The guest list would consist of our families and a few close friends. Her sister  was already in the city because of the Christmas holidays and my brother was living in the country anyway, so we pulled strings, booked a venue, the judge and we were married a few days after Christmas.

"Why are you in a rush?" our siblings asked.

"We're not young," Ye Jin told her sister. "And we're sure about us."

The moment she appeared at the entrance, I forgot to breathe. As beautiful as she has appeared in her endorsements, movies and all her projects, for me, she was most beautiful on our wedding day. I had often seen her in white but that day the light seemed to be coming from within her.

When she was finally with me, I held her hand as if she would run away. She gave me a surprised look, smiled and tightened her hold on me. Leaning to me, she whispered, "I'm not leaving. Unless you want to just elope?"

I chuckled. "Let's just keep this quick."

She giggled and nodded.

Throughout the ceremony, I kept stealing glances at her. Part of me still unable to believe that after all the times our paths came close but never really met, we were here now about to promise that we would spend the rest of our lives together.  

Then, I stepped up to offer her a song. Nervously, I took the microphone and waited for the opening notes of the song to play. I whispered, "I hope you like this."

"As long as it's not a song of heartbreak or regret, we're good."

I laughed. Ye Jin truly was something else.

I chose "Amazing You" by Hang Dong Geun.

I thank and I pray again...I pray so that you'd be by my side forever, unchanging

A morning where we open our eyes togetherThe house I comeback seeing youYou are mine, You are mine Amazing you

I promise and promise againI promise that I'd be by Your side unchainingA morning where we open our eyes togetherThe house I comeback seeing youYou are mine, You are mine Amazing you

The person I've been imagining and dreaming about is youI can't believe it, really can't believe itThat I can say I'm in love with youHow can I dare to love youThis night we fall asleep togetherThis meal that's prepared for meYou are mine, You are mine Amazing you

Ye Jin and all our guests were crying when I finished my song. Hugging me tightly, she whispered, "You win this time, Mister."

"I do? Really? For once?"

She nodded, dabbing her eyes. "That was beautiful, my Love."

Taking her face into my palms, I asked, "Do I get a kiss then?"

For the first time, after all these years as friends, I finally get to kiss... my wife.